I need some major help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need some major help!!!

My 99 f250 is really stressin me out and i would really like some answers. Sometimes when i start the truck it will fire up then die it will only run with my foot on the go pedal then let off slow will idle, Then when driving down the road no power at all and the check engine lite flashes. other times go and start it up and idle real rough until i put a good load on it. when all this happens i can drive some where shut it off and go bs for a while and when i come back and start it will run like a dream. This all started after i put my edge evo on my truck not knowing it had a chip in it already... so i someone has ne good ideas i could really use them.....................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Premium Member

Hey Dukey, when that happened, didn't you end up replacing the PCM with a new one?

Gord.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Sounds like a possible clogged fuel filter...POSSIBLY. That, or low oil pressure. Check your fuel filter, check your oil....other than that, I dunno.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 AM

it may be the fuel filters in the mixing chamber in the tank. Very common problem, just cleaned mine out 1 month ago. Drop the tank and check out the filters.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:39 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Could be CPS, low oil level, in need of oil change, clogged fuel filter, fuel pump going out, PCM bad, Throttle Positioning sensor. You said you installed your edge evo on the truck and didn't know that it already had a chip. Have you tried running the truck with everything removed. As in remove the chip, remove edge evo and see how the truck runs. The way it sounds your truck is not liking the edge evo. I would put it back to stock see how it runs then install either the chip or the edge evo. Don't install both then see how it runs. The two programs maybe conflicting with eachother. You may need to get the pcm reflashed.

You said that the engine light flashes, can you pull any codes. Usually if the engine light comes on it is catchinig a code from some where. If you can plug in a scanner tool and see what codes you get then post them and maybe we can figure this out and narrow down your problem.

Last edited by bigcountrysg; 02-22-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:49 PM

OK i just changed my oil and fuel filter 2 weeks ago i am running it on stock nothing on it and it is doin the same thing as before. i checked codes one of them was injector pressure above or below desired that is only when it is running bad let the truck for a while and then runs awesome no codes either.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Jon

Icp

I had a truck last week do this exact same thing. Funny thing with these is that doesnt meen its the same problem. Monitor your ICP and see where it is at. I put an ICP sensor in and it fixed it. Try disconnecting your ICP and starting it also.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to House22
its a 7.3 boys you cant stack, if theres a chip in the ecm the chip will over ride the flash or tuner, if its a flasehd ecm and put a programer on it the programer will over ride the ecm

things to check, hpop oil level, hpop pressure idling and driving, icp connctor make sure its clean and not burnt, clean the ipr, buzz test, and contrubtion test, fuel pressure check, then possibly check the under valve cover harness's too
Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 PM

My comp is getting flashed on saturday. then i will go from there i really hope this will fix it but if not i will keep on trucking and find out wat is goin on with it. I won't be out ne thing but the fuel to drive about 30 miles my cuz is a tech and is doin it for me.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

do yourself a favor and drive a duramax you will love it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.