Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Late 99 Bucking Chugging Uphill

569 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Uc11 
#1 ·
Hi All -

Thought I would join your site been a member of other Ford sites for years and thought I would jump in here.

I have a late 99 F-350 Dually King Ranch that is just closing in on 300K, the truck is a fine farm truck and still even look pretty good. I has recently developed a chugging or bucking when going down the road at about 2100 RPMs and generally when it hits a slight incline, it happens with or without a trailer, and if I back it off or step on it, it will usually stop. What seems to be even stranger is that is does NOT chug or buck when the truck is cold / cool , it gets worse as the truck warms up.

So what I have done to the truck and none of this had made any difference, the truck has a recently rebuilt turbo with wicked wheel, a Riff Raff intake, new OEM glow plugs, new glow plug relay and brand new batteries.

I also have the gray CPS, it's new, new ICP and IPR numbers are good on the scanner.

When this started, I replaced fuel filter with OEM filter, changed oil ( Rotella 5-40 T-6 Full Synthetic and new filter ) have solid fuel pressure, 80 PSI, doesn't waiver under load at all, new fuel.

Some have suggested possible loose injectors or a cracked oil pick up tube, those are going to be my next checks.

I have an auto-engunity scanner and have scanned the truck parked and live scanning while driving, I get no codes, no check engine lights.

I am at this point beating my head on the wall wondering where to look next.

Any ideas would be helpful, I can post photos / video or anything else that might be helpful in figuring this out.

Thanks

T

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.