Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help soon.

549 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BeHoel76 
#1 ·
Today I changed my #8 injector. Thought all went smooth till I tried starting it. I have an early 99 250 7.3. Starter engages and barely starts cranking and then stops completely. No check engine light. Wait to start light normal. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Did you check the batteries to make sure they are fully charged.

Did you plug the main harness back in where it runs over the drivers side valve cover

#3 ·
Did you remove the oil out of cylinder 8? If it stops with a sudden thud its because when you pulled your injector out oil likely flowed into your #8 cylinder. You can remove your glow plug and crank it over and it will blow the oil out. Put something around that area though because it will spew oil everywhere through the gp hole.

#6 ·
I would bet its just hydrolocked. When you pull an injector on these 7.3s unless you drain the oil it will run into the open injector hole and until it is removed it will cause exactly what you are describing. The oil in there is incompressible and will stop the piston on the compression stroke not allowing it to turn over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.