2003 F-350 A/C loud think blower motor going out? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 F-350 A/C loud think blower motor going out?

When I turn on the A/C switch to high there's a loud noise coming from the passenger glove box area, and the air smells funny. I think the blower motor went out, does anyone know where it is located and how hard is it to replace, I found a aftermarket blower motor for the truck for about 55.00 I would like to replace it myself. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

***Problem resolved*** Takes about 10 min. to replace under hood back left side 3 bolts and out it comes. Noise was from the cage where the nut that holds the cage on had a crack right under it so the cage wobbles when it turns causing the noise. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 AM

G´day Mate,
I've tried to reply to your comment in my gallery concerning my 2005 7.3ltr TC Powerstroke F250, however it wont send off from there for some reason (then again I'm a complete novice on there forums, this is the first one I've ever used).
Anyway mate I'll attempt to clear up the confusion.
Although from 2003 Ford stopped putting the 7.3ltr donk into Ford trucks for the US market,
However, Ford Australia continued to have the 7.3ltr Powerstroke made for Australian imported Ford trucks up until the end of 2005.
Ford Australia was having the F250/350s manufactured in right hand drive for the Aussie market in a factory in Brazil.
Therefore mine is indeed a factory made full complience plated 2005 7.3ltr DI Turbo Charged Diesel F250.
Ford Aust for some unexplained reason ceased to have this arrangement continue after November 2005 (mine was on that last shipment, and wasn't registed until Feb 2006).
Because you can't get a factory made right hand drive truck from any of the producers now (Ford, Chev, Dodge etc) these vehicles fetch more money second hand than what their new price was; there aren't that many of them out here in Aussie and they are still in big demand.
They are a magnificent truck and an equally magnificent engine.
I hope this clears up the confusion mate.
Best regards,
Reg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.