Gauge pods, pillar,overhead & dash - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the shaddows of Darkness
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauge pods, pillar,overhead & dash

I've been looking for a couple of days for a quad pillar pod & a triple overhead. I don't want a quad overhead because I always drive with the sun visor down & it looks like that would cover the far left gauge. I found another thread about a place called Dieselmanor & it looks like one of the best places I've found so far. I also want a dash panel where a gauge can go each side.

I just found this on ebay 99-04 FORD F250 F350 TRUCK CLUSTER BEZEL DUAL GAUGE POD - eBay (item 260384972596 end time Apr-27-09 17:47:36 PDT)
Can anybody tell me if this is going to be a cheap & nasty version or will this one be ok?
If this is a cheap nasty one where do I get a better one?


Here is the link: Gauge Mounts at DieselManor

Also these gauges look awesome ISSPRO Performax Gauges at DieselManor
It looks like you can wire all the gauges up to some kind of box instead of wiring each gauge to each sender. You can run up to 17 gauges from the box.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 04-05-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Typed something wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Emergency Services

 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: W.V.
Posts: 1,671
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
never deal with them, wish i seen the 4 gauge mount above the mirror before i cut my f650 dash mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the shaddows of Darkness
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dou you mean you have never delt with Dieselmanor or the place on ebay? or are you saying that I shouldn't deal with one of those????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Posts: 446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the Isspro Performax series, and it ROCKS! If you plan to add gauges pretty often and move em around and such, its totally worth it. Only 3 wire run all of the gauges and you can move them around or remove them as you wish. You could have up to 17 gauges basically in a box and run whichever ones you want in the gauge holes you would have. So you could have 17 gauges and only 2 or 3 pods really. Hope that makes sense.

BTW, I have dealt with diesel manor and have never had a problem with them. However, I would see if a site sponsor can get the items for you first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Posts: 446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok LOL sorry, I didnt realize Diesel Manor was a sponsor here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 6,123
Thanks: 31
Thanked 44 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
I've been looking for a couple of days for a quad pillar pod & a triple overhead. I don't want a quad overhead because I always drive with the sun visor down & it looks like that would cover the far left gauge. I found another thread about a place called Dieselmanor & it looks like one of the best places I've found so far. I also want a dash panel where a gauge can go each side.

I just found this on ebay 99-04 FORD F250 F350 TRUCK CLUSTER BEZEL DUAL GAUGE POD - eBay (item 260384972596 end time Apr-27-09 17:47:36 PDT)
Can anybody tell me if this is going to be a cheap & nasty version or will this one be ok?
If this is a cheap nasty one where do I get a better one?


Here is the link: Gauge Mounts at DieselManor

Also these gauges look awesome ISSPRO Performax Gauges at DieselManor
It looks like you can wire all the gauges up to some kind of box instead of wiring each gauge to each sender. You can run up to 17 gauges from the box.

I have the performax gauges as well... 17 of them, plus a few of the EV 2 gauges as well.

You can run the quad overhead without issue on the sunvisor. The only issue is you may have to lower your rear view mirror. Is your steering wheel on the correct side???

The overhead pods have the gauges tilted to the "drivers" side...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the shaddows of Darkness
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok cool. Hey what do you think of that dash bezel on ebay?
I noticed today that my dash is alot bigger than that piece,do you have to cut the dash or what? I'm a bit confused
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the shaddows of Darkness
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I have the performax gauges as well... 17 of them, plus a few of the EV 2 gauges as well.

You can run the quad overhead without issue on the sunvisor. The only issue is you may have to lower your rear view mirror. Is your steering wheel on the correct side???

The overhead pods have the gauges tilted to the "drivers" side...
Yea my truck is left hand drive. It's rare for me to ever have a right hand drive!
Yea I saw pictures on here somewhere of your gauges. Where did you get the dash part with the gauge each side? Is that the same part on ebay above? my truck is an 01 & the dash is bigger than what this part looks like.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 04-06-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: had a few drinks & messed it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 6,123
Thanks: 31
Thanked 44 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
Yea my truck is left hand drive. It's rare for me to ever have a right hand drive?
Yea I saw pictures on here somewhere of your gauges. Where did you get the dash part with the gauge each side? Is that the same part on ebay above? my truck is an 01 & the dash is bigger than what this part looks like.


This is the autometer pod you are talking about correct? I modded mine to hold 4 gauges total, its very easy but you have to be careful on the drivers side one.

This overlays the factory dash, with no cutting needed, just some double sided tape.

That being said, if your dash looks like the one pictured below, that pod will not fit. It came with most excursions and some F series trucks... Its very hit and miss... (this is on my wifes Excursion...)

Last edited by CSIPSD; 08-16-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the shaddows of Darkness
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stick it over the top o no, I don't like the sound of that. Yours looks awesome though.
This is the only pic I have of mine right now.

Also Whats the thing I have stuck on my windscreen avove my mirror? That is in the way for a pod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors