Gages - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Gages

Just spending some time thinking about gages... trying to figure out how I want to mount them. I think that its nice and uncluttered in there right now, I really don't want to make it start looking like an airplane cocpit. (yes I can spell for the most part, but apparently there is an autocensor feature on here that blanks out parts of words)

First of all, I think that the gages on the post would reduce visibility and cause me much chagrin when night driving, I would like something much less obtrusive, but still visible. I am one of those folks who turns down the panel lights to barely visible when driving at night... panel lights really bug me.

Altogether I need to plan to mount 4 gages: boost, EGT, Tuner Chip Program Display, and Tranny Temp...

Ideas and comments are much appreciated, pictures or links to posts with pictures HUGELY APPRECIATED!

Last edited by AlaskanEngineer; 01-12-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Autocensor removed a perfectly decent word, had to go mis-spell it to get it to show...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
Sounds like you might like the overhead gauge pod . . . Pics of your gauge pods please!!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

Thanks Zippy, that was exactly what I was looking for...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to PowerStroker007 Send a message via Yahoo to PowerStroker007
or if you didnt want them there maybe you could mount them below the dash but then it might be hard to see, i dont know me myself i like the pillar gauge
Old 01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Raul can get a real nice under cubby mount. I have mine mounted temporarily there with a homade mount but i like them there.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Ole White

I would go with the under cubby or overhead mount for what your wanting
Old 01-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

Undercubby?

Undercubby? Can someone send a picture of this? I am not sure what this would be... or maybe its something I have already seen and just am not associating "cubby mount" with it.

Not to change the topic, but I really want to find some gages that have a programmable (as in I can adjust when it sounds) audible alarm and blinking light or something... does anyone know of such gages... because if I got them I could easily go with an under the dash mount as I would not be as worried about not looking at them all the time. But it would have to be something I could adjust the alarm on because I want warning as I am APPROACHING redline, not when I hit it.... not always convenient to pull over or slow down right at the moment you HIT redline

Many thanks again to all for their help here!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
The autometer sport comp II PC gauges have a red light that you can set to go on. not sure about other brands
Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEngineer View Post
Undercubby? Can someone send a picture of this? I am not sure what this would be... or maybe its something I have already seen and just am not associating "cubby mount" with it.

Not to change the topic, but I really want to find some gages that have a programmable (as in I can adjust when it sounds) audible alarm and blinking light or something... does anyone know of such gages... because if I got them I could easily go with an under the dash mount as I would not be as worried about not looking at them all the time. But it would have to be something I could adjust the alarm on because I want warning as I am APPROACHING redline, not when I hit it.... not always convenient to pull over or slow down right at the moment you HIT redline

Many thanks again to all for their help here!

Here is the under dash pod....

And the Overhead...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:18 AM

Good God man. I have never seen that many guages in a truck. Not saying its bad hell at least you know how everything is performing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.