Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Shallow mount subs and box?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jarrod B 
#1 ·
What are good shallow mounts for price. Been looking at the fosgate p3sd series. Any better for similar price?

And what are you guys using as an enclosure? Ive got a crew cab. Looked at supercrewsound, fox box, and speakerboxesusa. Any experience?

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Did Rockford r2 12s in mine, 4 of them in a custom made box. We usually do custom boxes so we can get the right amount of air space over just the generic box. p3s are great, alpine type r shallows are as well but expensive, and the new JL tw3 shallow is good at so far. We have sold the Atrend boxes for your style truck, sounds pretty good, fits well and is cost friendly with the right sub's and amp.

#3 ·
I looked at the atrend site but there is no picture of the box itself. I assume its a wedge shape but was wondering if i would need to remove or cut back anything behind the seat with it. The fox box claims theres not cutting needed

#4 ·
Yea just a wedge box behind the seat, you oulk your seat out, load the sub's in the box and drop it in. Try to mount the box that you end up getting, it will improve the sound s little then if the box can slide around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.