2011 Dash and Interior Swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Dash and Interior Swap

I know I've been askin a lot of questions but like I've mentioned a time or two I just sold my 01 PSD and bought a 02 crew cab.

I like the idea of having a truck that is truly mine and no one to have anything like it. I know it's pretty impractical but that's how I am. I like originality and experimenting. I also love my 7.3s. I grew up around them and will always own one.

But returning to the topic. With my love for 7.3s being stated the only thing that I actually dislike about them, is the interior. I see all the time how people swapped out for 05-07 dash but even those were only slight changes.

I first thought about the 08 interior because I love the look. I think it brings in character with molding, curves, and lines. But then I read up and studied a little more and I see the 2011 is pretty muc te same but the console connects at the floor to the dash. And I like this because I would love for my little loved one (2 daughters) to also enjoy some heat/a/c.

I know the biggest problems will be the instrument panel, AC climate control, firewall and the reshaping/ engineering the ducts for the center console as well.

All in all I would love to have a lariat trim level interior with everything operationable. I know this also will include censors and what not but f anyone has any info on this please let me know.

I know there's some here and tree out there on google searches but it's all scattered. I really want to use this thread to collect my information and be able to start my conversion.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to hear what everyone knows about this. I'll be reading over the schematics lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Premium Member

Huge huge huge wiring endeavour to do that. At one point I found a guy to get it to kinda work.

Using the 08 pcm to run the dash. But I think he still had the original pcm to run the truck... Major firewall mods..

Not worth it
Old 03-20-2014, 05:24 PM

It will be something that I would enjoy and I would feel super accomplished and privledged to have done. I know my truck is my daily driver but I could sacrifice some down time to treat to some up-to-date interior.

Do you have any other info or contact information about this guy? Or did he have a thread here about his build?
Old 03-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this has been tossed around a bunch of time on here, and I have yet to see or read about one that has been completed.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:49 PM

Still won't detour me. I'm pretty persistent and will achieve this goal.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
PCM wont communicate with the guages. Entirely different protocols

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 AM

As far as the instrument panel goes could I just fabricate my own housing and take apart my 7.3s and change the appearance, making my own. With my own housing I should be ok to just run my own PCM. I might not have all the information center but I would have all the works from 2002 correct? Or does the PCM need to be there for other stuff in the dash as well?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlatt View Post
As far as the instrument panel goes could I just fabricate my own housing and take apart my 7.3s and change the appearance, making my own. With my own housing I should be ok to just run my own PCM. I might not have all the information center but I would have all the works from 2002 correct? Or does the PCM need to be there for other stuff in the dash as well?
You might be able to piece or fab something up to shoehorn your gauges into something, but your probably better off going aftermarket with the stereo, and getting a manual controlled climate instead of trying to get them to work off a stand alone pcm. Your not going to have the digital screens on the speedo either though.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 AM

I don't care how persistent you are I say it will never come to fruition

if it does it will never work properly IMHO

but I do admire your ambition even the spruce goose flew once so I would not feel bad if you proved me wrong
Old 03-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Aftermarket parts wouldn't be all that bad. As long as it works the way it should. I'm not too crazed about having an 08 instrument panel. Making my own would be kinda cool too. Are there any aftermarkets that convert to digital?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.