changing the light color in the gauges cluster? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question changing the light color in the gauges cluster?

can changethe light color in the gauges cluster?
i thik the green is a little out dated, i want to change evrything to blue
i was just going to solder ing soem LEDs in all the buttons on the doors and heater AC knobs, i was wondering about the gauge cluster?

i seen some blue LED bulbs on ebay and they look like they just plug right in

any one done this before or hvae any advice or pics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It can be done, but its very hard to do. Not a bulb swap kind of thing. The color of the gauge face comes from the backing, not the bulbs.

In order to do it you have to strip off all the green, then replace the bulbs with blue LED's.

I caution you however.

I used to have all my gauge faces blue, but over the course of several years I noticed I would get headaches driving at night, and my night vision decreased.

Went to my DR about it and he suggested turning my gauge lights off for a few weeks.

Low and behold my headaches went away. I switched all my gauges over to green and no issues.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
It can be done, but its very hard to do. Not a bulb swap kind of thing. The color of the gauge face comes from the backing, not the bulbs.

In order to do it you have to strip off all the green, then replace the bulbs with blue LED's.

I caution you however.

I used to have all my gauge faces blue, but over the course of several years I noticed I would get headaches driving at night, and my night vision decreased.

Went to my DR about it and he suggested turning my gauge lights off for a few weeks.

Low and behold my headaches went away. I switched all my gauges over to green and no issues.
I get those damn headaches too, right behind the eye. Real b----es but if you want that blue back, what im going to do is scrape the green off and repaint some transparent paint(in my case amber), that way you can retain the dimmer function for those late night long hauls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.