Made my own version of upfitters. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 11-10-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Made my own version of upfitters.

Well my truck being a 99-04 style interior, upfitters arent exactly in the cards so i decided i wanted to add some switches but then i realized that boy it will be a pain in the arse to have to take the dash off everytime i want to add something to the dash. And i cant stand the look of the guys that have switches every which where on the dash so i decided to preinstall and prewire switches for the clean look that i prefer.

I ran the wires down to the fuse box area and labeled them all so i can remember what wires go to which so all i have to do is splice the new accessory in and im in business. Overall i like them so far. Figured id throw them up there maybe spark some ideas.

Im still trying to figure out an easy way of labeling them in a clean way. Oh yea the led is a glow plug indicator light because of the placement behind the dash wouldnt have allowed another switch.


Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #2 of 23 Old 11-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Eco Taxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: iowa
Posts: 397
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice
I'm sure now that they are there you are already trying to figure out what you can hook up to them
are they green led ?
I bought 5 green led ones that look exactly like that and plan on doing something similar, not sure where I'm mounting mine

Kyle

2001 F350 Chassis Cab 4x4 DRW Flatbed 130k miles+

Quad Gauge Pillar - Aeroforce Interceptor & Glowshift Series 7 EGT, Boost, Trans Temp
Foil Delete | Marinco Mod | High Torque 4kw Starter | Door Seal Mod | AIH Delete | Coolant Filter & 203* Thermostat w/ Billet Aluminum Housing | Hutch Mod | RiffRaff Fpx, Hpx, boots | WW2 | Deleted ebpv



“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Eco Taxi is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Taxi View Post
Nice
I'm sure now that they are there you are already trying to figure out what you can hook up to them
are they green led ?
I bought 5 green led ones that look exactly like that and plan on doing something similar, not sure where I'm mounting mine
Yea i have tons of crap on my truck that is wired every which way that i spent part of this weekend rewiring now that its hinesight its easier to wire things better. Yea they are green ones, i wish they were amber because my next project is converting all my green interior lights to amber but oh well. Idk if you have ESOF 4x4 or not but you could mount it where i did.

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
schlutzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posts: 2,437
Thanks: 34
Thanked 136 Times in 120 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check this out for switches.... Pretty slick
OTRATTW

Please check out my 7.3 Enthusiast Facebook group! All are welcome! LINKY

schlutzer is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
Check this out for switches.... Pretty slick
OTRATTW
Yea ive seen those several times before, then i saw the price tag...yea for 15 bucks a pop for custom ones i think i can spend 100+ bucks on something a little more useful like a tank of fuel

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
schlutzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posts: 2,437
Thanks: 34
Thanked 136 Times in 120 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree lol. I think I will get some as I don't *think* I'll be needing more than 4-5.

They look too big to have as many as you do anyway.

Please check out my 7.3 Enthusiast Facebook group! All are welcome! LINKY

schlutzer is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
schlutzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posts: 2,437
Thanks: 34
Thanked 136 Times in 120 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I also see your shift knob is in a different position every time you post an interior shot, yeah I notice weird things... I assume it's broke. Like almost every zf6 knob I've seen? If you ever come accross a source for new ones let me know I've got a cheapo one and I'm tired of explaining where the gears are

Please check out my 7.3 Enthusiast Facebook group! All are welcome! LINKY

schlutzer is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
I agree lol. I think I will get some as I don't *think* I'll be needing more than 4-5.

They look too big to have as many as you do anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
I also see your shift knob is in a different position every time you post an interior shot, yeah I notice weird things... I assume it's broke. Like almost every zf6 knob I've seen? If you ever come accross a source for new ones let me know I've got a cheapo one and I'm tired of explaining where the gears are
Ehh i could probably have about 2 rows of 4 where they are now, theyd look nice but a pack of ten online was like 8 bucks so ehh its whatever

But yea it was broke since i got it, i had one of those aftermarket autozone knobs on it but like typical autozone quality it stayed on just as good as the broken stock one. No one else drives my truck so its no big deal to me, ive pondered ideas to make it tighter but they really need a threaded knob. these press fit knobs never last long

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
schlutzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posts: 2,437
Thanks: 34
Thanked 136 Times in 120 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
At least yours is still bearable I search the junkyards every time I'm there. Every one I find is broken. Mine was so bad it rattled around just sitting there idling

Please check out my 7.3 Enthusiast Facebook group! All are welcome! LINKY

schlutzer is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 635
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Ehh i could probably have about 2 rows of 4 where they are now, theyd look nice but a pack of ten online was like 8 bucks so ehh its whatever

But yea it was broke since i got it, i had one of those aftermarket autozone knobs on it but like typical autozone quality it stayed on just as good as the broken stock one. No one else drives my truck so its no big deal to me, ive pondered ideas to make it tighter but they really need a threaded knob. these press fit knobs never last long
Where did you get them online for 10 for $8?

2006 Ford Powerstroke Super Cab 4x4 auto 120K bulletproofed
ramz trk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome