Different tan interior colours? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 03:09 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Different tan interior colours?

This has been bugging me for a while. I did a power window/lock install and grey-> tan interior swap, dash, doors, headliner... everything.

Problem is the dash is darker than everything else. Donor truck was a 2000 and I never noticed this till I had everything done. So what gives? I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

I went to take the a-pillar piece from an '05 scrap yard truck but at first glance it appeared even lighter than the door panels and I didn't to buy yet another colour of tan.

The dark colours of the dash ( radio gauge bezel piece) do match the dark parts on the door panels, its just the lighter part that doesn't match up.

Edit: I found one from my zf6 swap pics that shows the difference.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 06:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yup, mu buddy's 01 has an assortment of tan colors going on too.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

If somebody has the names and year ranges of the different tans that would be awesome. There are a few real big scrap yards somewhat near me and I would like to get either a dash that matches the door panels or panels that match the dash.

It's only an afternoon project to swap out a dash on these trucks. I can't decide if my tan leather lariat seats match the door panels or the dash, they seem to be somewhat in between.

I am regretting passing up the parts truck with a very good condition blue interior because I didn't want to lose my leather heated seats
Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i can grab the #'s from friends' truck, but that wont be til tomorrow. Also, where would one, look?
Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Premium Member

I honestly have no idea. I would assume on the door jam sticker.

It's tempting to just call the yard where I know an 05 with almost complete interior is sitting. That's a much prettier dash I wonder if it would swap in.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Are you talking about how these 2 pieces are different?
Thats supposed to be different. Its like an accent color or something. It breaks up like colors and makes it look a little more appealing to the eye rather than a sea of one color
Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
I honestly have no idea. I would assume on the door jam sticker.

It's tempting to just call the yard where I know an 05 with almost complete interior is sitting. That's a much prettier dash I wonder if it would swap in.
You wont like an 05 swap either because that IS a different tan than the 99-04 interiors so the whole dash wont match the rest of your cab unless you paint it. But yes it does swap in but you have to make sure you get the whole dash including the air ducts other than than its pretty straightforward swap
Old 10-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Premium Member

Ramm in the picture I posted look at the dash and the door panel that you can see. The door panel is a lot lighter than the glovebox I did say the darker radio and gauge bezel piece matches the darker portions of the door panels. It's the lighter parts that don't match, as the picture shows.

It apears that there was at least 3 different tans between 99-05

The 05 yard truck has the dash and everything aside from seats so it *should* all match. I thought that about the 00 this interior came from. Mine was originally grey.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
Ramm in the picture I posted look at the dash and the door panel that you can see. The door panel is a lot lighter than the glovebox I did say the darker radio and gauge bezel piece matches the darker portions of the door panels. It's the lighter parts that don't match, as the picture shows.

It apears that there was at least 3 different tans between 99-05

The 05 yard truck has the dash and everything aside from seats so it *should* all match. I thought that about the 00 this interior came from. Mine was originally grey.
Ahh im blind yes that is different but im thinking maybe the truck you got it from maybe had 05 upgraded door panels??? that looks like the lighter tan thats in the 05+ trucks. I know that there was 2 grays one light and one dark but i cant say that ive ever seen a light tan in a 99-04 truck but then again i just learned the other day that they had blue interiors available.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Premium Member

Yeah if I can get the matching panels I'll do that rather than the dash for now but that's not so easy either. These trucks seem to mostly be grey.

It's so odd because that truck seemed so stock. That's actually why I picked it nothing had been messed with. Great donor truck, but apparently this was.

Well maintained though. At 400 000 Kms it has better compression than my 99 with 220.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.