aftermarket power door lock actuator install guide with pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
aftermarket power door lock actuator install guide with pics

door actuators found here

He has a video to start his thread but I didn't find it as helpful as a typical write up so I figured I'd document the instal. This is be very helpful if you have never removed your doors before or done any type of interior work.

tools needed:
drill
screw driver flat and regular
7mm socket with extension
wire cutters
wire strippers
tape
razor blade
blue lock tite (not pictured)

step 1. pop off the black trim piece

step 2. lift up on the button pad and it pops out

step 3. push the release clip in on the power locks and window switch and they slide right out.

step 4. remove screw number 1 with the 7 mm ratchet

step5 pop off the reflector and unscrew the second 7mm bolt, there will be a light behind the reflector. Once the second bolt is removed lift straight up on the door and reach behind it and twist the lamp lose from the door panel then set it aside.

step 6. You will see 2 plastic barbs sticking through the door metal, push these through and snip the wire as close to the door lock as possible.

step 7. remove the tape from the wire loom and strip the 2 biggest wires.

step 8. I used the lower existing hole that the white plug was sticking through for the top of the mount. I lined it up and marked where I would drill the hole to secure the bottom part of the actuator.

step 9, prior to mounting your lock actuator run the rod through the open end and then run your two screws in as shown.

step 10. make sure your door lock is in the unlocked position and your new actuator is (up) in the unlocked position. I used blue lock tite to make sure the screws would not come lose and tightened them by hand.

step11 hook up your power, pink and black to blue and pink and orange to green (in my application) hooking them up in reverse will not harm anything your lock will just operate in reverse.

Finally, tape over the wires and secure them behind the door. Plug the bulb back into the door panel and then lift the panel back on and it will just drop into place. Re instal the two screws, plug in the connectors and snap the remaining items back into place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

These still working well for you?
Old 02-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes they are, I got them from slow96z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.