01 seat replacements - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 seat replacements

I have owned my 01 for almost 100,000 miles and I hate the seats more every day. My Domestic Supervisor hates them too, especially the seat belts.

Im ready to make some mods. The stock seats are hard as a rock, have no lumbar support, no headrest adjustment, no lateral support whatsoever. The stock seat covering should be considered for an alternative energy source - I cannot get in or out of the seat without getting blasted by static electricity on anything but the most humid days. So the seats have been wearing Cabela's seat covers for years, and they have gotten tattered and nasty.

Its an extended cab, so the belts are integrated into the seat itself. I am thinking of fabbing a rollcage inside the passenger compartment to support seat belts if necessary. The seatbelts cut into my neck and are the main gripe from my Wife. They also dont retract worth squat any more.

Anyone done any whole seat interior upgrades?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Banned

You think Ford seats are not comfortable?

WOW...

There's a first.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I feel the same way about the seats. I am a smaller frame guy at 5'5 and the seat bottom is too long for my short legs. I have a 99 Expedition and the seats are much more comfortable, and about 2 inches shorter than the seats in my F250. I went to a junk yard today and took a center console out of a Navigator and put in my F250. If it would have had 2 good seats I would have gotten them to, the passenger side was good but the drivers side was bad. All the expeditions and navigators on the lot were about the same.
I'll keep looking.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Behavior Modificationist

OP, it's a truck... it's not going to be plush. I feel like you're going way overboard to say you'll fab up a roll cage for seat belts just because they "cut" into your neck. That sounds like more trouble than it's worth (especially to do it correctly) but it's your truck.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are the stock seats vinyl or a fake leather? If they bother you that badly and you are willing to spend around $600-$1100 you can search ebay for gently used cloth seats or ones out of a King Ranch with nice leather on them. I found that when i switched from the vinyl to cloth it made a world of difference no matter what the temp outside was. correct me if I am wrong but wont 99'-10' seats out of any superduty bolt in using the same holes?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's correct and some f150's fit also that might be your best bet for a more comfortable for you seat.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hey man I say swap some newer 08-12 seats, those are comfortable! They bolt right in too
Old 10-03-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCup View Post
... correct me if I am wrong but wont 99'-10' seats out of any superduty bolt in using the same holes?
This is good info, didnt know this. Im gonna start searching the junkyards....thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.