diy sound proofing cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 07:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
diy sound proofing cab

I was just wondering if anyone has tried using something like house carpet pad or anything similar under the factory carpet and behind the dash to help make the cab quieter I have plenty of spare time and can the pad for free so I was just wondering if it could work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't see why it wouldn't work, but have you seen what the pad looks like under old carpet? I honestly wouldn't want any of that gunk buildup in my truck, especially driving down dirt roads and what comes off your feet.

Check out some of the sound proofing materials and compare. I think lizard skin is one of the higher liked ones right now.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:21 PM

I havnt had the carpet out of my ford but I had it out of my 07 mega cab 5.9 and it wasn't bad at all I was just wondering for the budget build kind of guy. maybe I should think of trying to doing a wright up of how it works out and holds up for the average guy.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dynamat is out of the budget?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had some window wrapping tape left from the project and after chatting with my buddy who own an audio shop, I was told that my tape should work just fine. I came across 12"x66' rolls sold at local Dunn Lumber @ $50 per roll. One roll was enough to do the floor, rear doors, and back of the cab. After that I came across some carpet pad used on residential floor installation that I thought would work just as well with some spay adhesive, rear doors are no longer rattle as much and it is much quieter, since I have straight 4" pipe, I have notice a huge difference.
This just my 2c

Next month I will be covering sealing, and front doors along with new door seals, I expect big difference as before.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Home depot duct insulation with sticky on one side and foil on the other side. It cheap and works good.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

If you are going to pull the carpet use a product designed for the job, the results will be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.