Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

06 KR dash bezel on 03 dash..

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  metalman7.3 
#1 · (Edited)
So this evening I decided it was finally going to be done I had bought the upper and lower section of a 06 King ranch that was totaled from the front. I would have gotten the whole dash but there was some turbo in the radio and oil on most of the wiring. I took a picture of the before and will be updating as I go being that I am the first( it seems) to actually modify the 03 dash to fit the 06 bezels.. along with the bezels I am also going to wire in the up-fitter (AUX) switches, hopefully trailer brake, and rear sensors(bought the rear bumper too)

this is the current look of the dash..

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I got most of the work done today here are pictures

bezel fresh off the dash.. I started the trimming in this picture

this edge(close to the A/C controls is no longer needed since the A/C controls now mount onto the dash bezel

this shows that the A/C controls now sit on the bezel

The 4WD switches are interchangeable so I reused the switch from my old bezel and screwed it on the new bezel

the one downfall to the modification was the size of the stereo compared to the gaping hole left around it.. gonna make a lil cubby for the top then use the old stereo install kit from my FX4 F-150 to cover the right side

on the actual cluster the new bezel covers only the water in fuel and glow plug lights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.