CB/Air horn/cup holder ?s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CB/Air horn/cup holder ?s

so in between doing engine mods to my truck, i want to do some small things to the interior. i want to mount a CB in the ceiling where the Temp display would go. i also want to put in an air horn but with a pull chain instead of a switch. any ever do either of those and have any tips? how hard is it to take down the roof lining to run cables, and im guessing you just screw it right into the body? also, i cant find and pull chain switches, is that something you have to make up or does someone sell them.

one more thing, are the cup holders from 99-05 (or whenever then changed the SD body style) all interchangeable? my cup holders suck and i was to get the ones that have the bottom that drop down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfitch View Post
so in between doing engine mods to my truck, i want to do some small things to the interior. i want to mount a CB in the ceiling where the Temp display would go. i also want to put in an air horn but with a pull chain instead of a switch. any ever do either of those and have any tips? how hard is it to take down the roof lining to run cables, and im guessing you just screw it right into the body? also, i cant find and pull chain switches, is that something you have to make up or does someone sell them.

one more thing, are the cup holders from 99-05 (or whenever then changed the SD body style) all interchangeable? my cup holders suck and i was to get the ones that have the bottom that drop down.
1) The CB you will have to pull the headliner down and find the crossmember and drill into that because otherwise you will drill through the roof to the outside. The problem with this is since yours is an ext cab i think the only way to fully pull the headliner out you have to remove the front seats or remove the rear window so you will have to work with it hanging there. Its do-able just a pain in the arse.

2) Wolo Manual Truck Air Horn Lanyard Valve for On-Board Air Systems
Thats the one i was gonna use before i decided i like the electric solenoid better to save me from running air lines into the cab

3) The cupholder from 99-2000 sucked so most guys swap for the 01-04 style works much better, but good luck finding one because they are getting rarer to find unless you buy from the dealer(big $$$) i have one for sale but im selling as a bulk deal with a bunch of dash pieces.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
3) The cupholder from 99-2000 sucked so most guys swap for the 01-04 style works much better, but good luck finding one because they are getting rarer to find unless you buy from the dealer(big $$$) i have one for sale but im selling as a bulk deal with a bunch of dash pieces.
they are not! I have very good prices on these cup holders!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-7.3L View Post
they are not! I have very good prices on these cup holders!
Your also not a "dealer" per-say but if he wants new your probably the cheapest
Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
im not a dealer
Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-7.3L View Post
im not a dealer
But you do DEAL parts
Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

you have to take the front seats out or the rear window to take out the headliner? holy crap!

2000-7.3, what do you get for your cup holders?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
you have to take the front seats out or the rear window to take out the headliner? holy crap!

2000-7.3, what do you get for your cup holders?
Yes sir and i heard its a tight fit you gotta bend it a bit without creasing it. just be glad you can do that us guys with CCs only can pull it through the back window. Pulling the seats isnt really that big a deal just four bolts holds each in and unplugging the connector underneath they arent that heavy either
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Yes sir and i heard its a tight fit you gotta bend it a bit without creasing it. just be glad you can do that us guys with CCs only can pull it through the back window. Pulling the seats isnt really that big a deal just four bolts holds each in and unplugging the connector underneath they arent that heavy either
What's behind the headliner? Is there sound dampening in there? If I got real ballsy and was ok with a hole in my headliner, would I be able to cut one in and see enough to find the cross member?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
What's behind the headliner? Is there sound dampening in there? If I got real ballsy and was ok with a hole in my headliner, would I be able to cut one in and see enough to find the cross member?
Nothing is behind it just your roof and a few crossmembers, what you do is take off everything that holds the headliner up and that lets it drop and you can see whats under there and you could figure out where you can mount it. Thats how I(like alot of guys) installed cab lights, i wasnt gonna pull the rear window
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.