Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CB/Air horn/cup holder ?s

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  bfitch 
#1 ·
so in between doing engine mods to my truck, i want to do some small things to the interior. i want to mount a CB in the ceiling where the Temp display would go. i also want to put in an air horn but with a pull chain instead of a switch. any ever do either of those and have any tips? how hard is it to take down the roof lining to run cables, and im guessing you just screw it right into the body? also, i cant find and pull chain switches, is that something you have to make up or does someone sell them.

one more thing, are the cup holders from 99-05 (or whenever then changed the SD body style) all interchangeable? my cup holders suck and i was to get the ones that have the bottom that drop down.

#2 ·
1) The CB you will have to pull the headliner down and find the crossmember and drill into that because otherwise you will drill through the roof to the outside. The problem with this is since yours is an ext cab i think the only way to fully pull the headliner out you have to remove the front seats or remove the rear window so you will have to work with it hanging there. Its do-able just a pain in the arse.

2) Wolo Manual Truck Air Horn Lanyard Valve for On-Board Air Systems
Thats the one i was gonna use before i decided i like the electric solenoid better to save me from running air lines into the cab

3) The cupholder from 99-2000 sucked so most guys swap for the 01-04 style works much better, but good luck finding one because they are getting rarer to find unless you buy from the dealer(big $$$) i have one for sale but im selling as a bulk deal with a bunch of dash pieces.

#6 ·
But you do DEAL parts:hehe:

#7 ·
you have to take the front seats out or the rear window to take out the headliner? holy crap!

2000-7.3, what do you get for your cup holders?

#8 ·
Yes sir and i heard its a tight fit you gotta bend it a bit without creasing it. just be glad you can do that us guys with CCs only can pull it through the back window. Pulling the seats isnt really that big a deal just four bolts holds each in and unplugging the connector underneath they arent that heavy either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.