Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NO Heat

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ianstew 
#1 ·
I just bought a 00 F450 PSD in Phoenix. On the trip home to Idaho found that the heater would only blow cold air. Temp control knob didn't function. Searched for fix. I couldn't find any. Any suggestions.
Thanks

#4 ·
sounds like a vaccum problem to me fords run EVRYTHING off of the vaccum pump and if it isnt working properly then you wont get head. does air come out of the vents or just the defrost??

#6 ·
ok well it still sounds like you have a vacuum leak on the hose going to your heater core the reason i asked if it comes out everywhere is because if you have a leak under the dash then it will only come out of the defrost

#13 ·
Having the same issue - air from every vent - but cold. Lines to and from core were hot, indicated positive flow.

Yesterday I went out and removed the blend door actuator - little motor that controls the blend door. Instandly hot air started flowing again. Kept actuator motor plugged in and it was unresponsive to changes in air temp knob movement.

I am assuming I need a new actuator - need to hit Napa today and order one.

A vac line issue results in air only blowing throw the defrost. Air blowing throw vents, etc is indicative of a blend door issue - either the door itself crapped the bed or the acuator motor that controls it crapped the bed.

I bought a service manual online (ebay) and downloaded it - showed how to access the actuator motor through the glove box opening without removing the dash.

Dont know how well/easy the new motor will go back in - but I have hot air blowing for now - and with 3 inches of snow outside, thats all that matters. Will repost when I order/recieve a new motor and put it in...

YMMV

#14 ·
if it's not the vacuum problem, check to make sure the heater core isn't bypassed. seeing as though it was bought used......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.