INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTS

MY INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTS IN MY 99 CREW CAB WERE NOT ON ONE MORING ON THE WAY TO WORK ,THEN AFTER 20 MIN OF DRIVING THEY CAME ON . THE NEXT DAY THE SAME THING HAPPENED. NOW THEY DON'T COME ON AT ALL. I CHECKED THE FUSES AND THE ARE GOOD ,I WIGGLED WIRES AND CHECKED CONNECTIONS AND STILL NO LIGHTS . ITS JUST THE LIGHTS IN THE SPEEDO/TACH FUEL GUAGE CLUSTER. THE OWNERS MANUAL SAYS TO TAKE TO A DEALER TO REPLACE THE PANEL LIGHT. I'M NOT SURE I WANT TO DO THAT BECAUSE OF THE HIGH COST OF DEALER LABOR. I WAS HOPING SOMEONE COULD OFFER A CHEAPER SOLUTION. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
do you have taillights? Mine did the same thing and it turned out to be the fuse, looked good but it was bad. And the gauge lights didnt work and tail lights were off, brake lights still worked though
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

THAT'S THE FIRST THING I DID THE FIRST MORNING I NOTICED THE GUAGE LIGHTS BEING OUT, WAS TO CHECK THE TAIL LIGHTS. THEY WERE WORKING SO I HEADED ON TO WORK. I SWAPPED FUSES BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN "BURNED" BY FUSES THAT LOOK GOOD, BUT ARE NOT! I'M GOING TO TRY TO GET TO THE PLUGS ON THE BACK OF THE GUAGE CLUSTER AND CHECK THEM. I WAS WONDERING IF THE POWER TO THE LIGHTS GOES THROUGH A RELAY SOMEWHERE?? THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Bump. My dads truck hasn't had gauge lights for years.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM

When I bought my truck (had 376k on it) there was only 1 working light in my dash. I removed the dash and there are about 8 bulbs on the back of it that twist in. Went to Napa (do this cause they have these bulbs in bulk) and bought a hand ful of them. Then replaced all bulbs and good to go!

My suggestions, first, it is kind of a pain to get to. You need to pull the stereo and remove that whole panel. It just snaps in but becareful. You also need to remove the steering column plastics to get the dash panel out. Then, before you remove the dash cluster, cycle your key and watch all your different service lights and such. The key cycle does a bulb test right at first and if you have others that need replacing, now is the time!!! Last, it is just a matter of a few bolts, a couple connectors, and replacing all the bulbs you need to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.