extended cab back seat size - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
extended cab back seat size

i have a 99 extended cab dodge and was wondering if an extended cab 7.3 is any larger. needin to fit a car seat in the back is why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't know if its larger than a dodge but I have a 1 year old and have put his car seat in the extended cab no problem. With his rear facing seat in the middle the top of it comes about 2-3 inches from the front seats. I haven't had an issue with room when trying to turn it to get it out or anything like that. We are switching to forward facing soon and that may be a little different but should be easier. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had a 2002 F250 extended cab and the booster seat for my 6 year old was fine behind driver or passenger seat. The car seat for my 3 year old was fine in the middle only. The forward facing seat would fit behind the driver or passenger but then the 3 year old's feet would not fit in the seat, so it stayed in the middle. I had the 40/20/40 front seat with the fold down console/armrest. When we had little boy #3 was when my truck was not big enough. I need a crew cab. Hope this helped.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM

Just visually by comparing the Ford and Dodge extended cabs it looked to me like the Ford had a bit more room, I never measured it just looked like the Ford was a bit bigger. I have had my daughter's car seat in the middle both forward and rear facing and it fit well, getting in and out when rear facing was more difficult but managable. I also have the 40/20/40 front seat so I don't know if that was a help or hindrance. If I remember right most stores, toys R us, babies r us etc. will let you use a display model car seat to put in your rig to check fit. Hope that helps.

Cory
2001 4x4 ext. cab.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old, both forward facing seats.

The trick is to remove the backrest, that gains you like 4 inches when you put the carseat in there. The kids then have plenty of room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.