Can I swap my 2001 Lariat Dash for a 2005 King Ranch dash - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can I swap my 2001 Lariat Dash for a 2005 King Ranch dash

Anyone know if these will swap out, even if it means I have to a little bit of custom stuff here and there??

This is what I want to go to:

Last edited by LakiPolitis; 10-07-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 AM

Its been done. Its just not easy.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 AM

A guy I work with switched his entire interior from an 01 blue cloth to a 05 grey leather lariat. It looks awesome, but it took him all weekend (15+ hours)

I am 95% sure u can swap yours without any custom work.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 AM

Well you'd be 95% wrong. It does take modification of mounts and HVAC ducts.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOx4 View Post
Well you'd be 95% wrong. It does take modification of mounts and HVAC ducts.
Would you possibly know of somewhere where I could get some more information on this. I'm really looking into it... and don't know where to start.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM

I dont. I have never seen a full how to on it and only a few threads where people actually went through with it. Google is your friend.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Anyone have any info on this? Anyone in West Palm Beach, FL ever given it a shot?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

AOx4... big laing was refering to me. I swapped my 00 blue cloth interior to an 06 lariat interior. every last interior part of my truck was swapped. I had it down to the metal frame and laing is right. Doesn't really require much fab work at all. Everything bolts up pretty well. Your refering to the air ducts and yes they ARE a different shape they will still fit into eachother with some coaxing. Really though lakipolitis the dash isn't a small feat. It took me about 19 hours work to do a swap and I would say half of that is the dash. Are you very mechanically inclined? Feel free to pick my brain. I have done 2 dash teardowns and 1 build up so ive been down that road. Oh, and no mount modifications either im not sure where AOx4 got that from either. If you have more questions let me know
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Tip-Take out your front seats. There is no way you will be able to have enough working space with them in.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormorgan View Post
... Doesn't really require much fab work at all. Everything bolts up pretty well. Your refering to the air ducts and yes they ARE a different shape they will still fit into eachother with some coaxing. Really though lakipolitis the dash isn't a small feat. It took me about 19 hours work to do a swap and I would say half of that is the dash. Are you very mechanically inclined? Feel free to pick my brain. ... Oh, and no mount modifications either im not sure where AOx4 got that from either. If you have more questions let me know
Thanks for the help, man!! Definitely appreciated. I'll snap a pic of my dash in a minute here so you can see what I'm talking about. I have none of the fancy switches. I have a manual 4x4 (so there's no switch there), basic A/C, aftermarket radio, and basic headlight switch. I feel like if the dashes simply pop into each other without mounting, why would the dash have taken so long? I'm not opposed to buying new A/C vents, because most of mine are messed up anyways, and it'll give me an excuse to clean all of those ducts.

I'm not the most mechanically inclined individual, but I'm not bad at all. I hope I'm not trying to get in over my head. If so, I may have to pay my buddy in beer to help me out. What took you the longest amount of time to work with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.