Wanting to redo the interior floor, but not with carpet. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wanting to redo the interior floor, but not with carpet.

I was planning on ripping out the carpet this weekend and was going to power wash it and then dye it black.

I had previously spilled a gallon of oil on the floor.

So in doing so my brother had thrown at me that maybe I should Rhino line the interior floor.

Dye for the carpet would run me well over $100, or a new carpet for maybe $150

But getting a bed liner kit to do the floor would be like $60- $70. Now I'm always about saving a buck or two. But what do you guys think of quality on this and what route I should go? Any thoughts?

Anyone done this yet and maybe want to share some pictures?

Last edited by irishluck; 10-04-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had a rubber floor liner but changed it out for carpet. I have also had the bed liner type in my jeep too. Bed liner is great for a truck that'll get muddy (ranch work, construction, etc...) you can wash it out and your good to go. Carpet in my opinion is there for comfort and the luxery looks. If you don't mind the grung of bed liner i'd go for it. The price for carpet (LMC auto carpet where i got mine) and having to cut it to size is worth it for the looks and the price for bed liner is worth it too. I'm cheap and think both prices are comparable for the work you have to put in to it.
I can't find pics of the bed liner i used but doc google is quicker. Prep is key. A wire wheel on a drill is quick to remove the gloss coat. now it'll be a nice rough surface to have the bed liner to stick to.
If you do go new carpet route try to pull the carpet tight as you cut the holes for your seats. As you can see mine has some waves.

Last edited by 350factor; 10-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.