4WD Switch Light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4WD Switch Light

It seems the light is out on the auto 4WD switch on the console. (Not the one on the instrument cluster, that works fine) When I take the switch out and on the back take out what looks to be the bulb is this 1" long plastic thing with a green bulb on the end. At least I THINK this is the light. Any replacment advice? I tried local parts stores but they haven't ever seen anythink like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Go to http://autolumination.com/ and look for gauge bulb and you will have to modify the bulb a little by moving the wire into the clip, you will see it when you compare bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

4wd Switch Light bulb

Mine is also burnt out. Could you tell me the bulb number? Can't believe this bulb and housing isn't used in other applications. So is it hard to remove the bulb from the socket and install new bulb?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

4WD Switch Light-imageuploadedbyautoguide1351534066.326183.jpg

Instrument Panel & Gauge Bulbs

Look for this ^
You will have to modify the bulb to make it work just keep the burnt out one to compare to the new one
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks I ordered one of the Neo Wedge Based Bulbs. Looks like this should be the one. I'll let you know if it's correct when it gets here.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It will work your just gonna have to rework the copper wire to be in the right position
Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got mine to work, but it was not easy. I'm hoping I don't have to take that out again. It does create a brighter green then the other dash lights, but it is blocked by the gear shift, so you don't notice it so much when driving.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I finally got mine to work with the new bulb. I couldn't seem to get it to work in the base it came in. I moved the wires in different postions to get contact but nothing seemed to work. I ended up removing the bulb from old holder and after removing the new bulb from it's holded placed it in old holder. You have to be sure and push each wire back into each of the copper contacts on the bottom of the base so they get contact. The old base is also a little bit bigger than the new one so maybe that had something to do with things.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

4WD switch/headlight switch light bulbs

Radioshack also has bulbs that work in stock. A two pack is $2.99. They are 12volt green bulbs. They match the look of the stock lights when used. I replaced my burnt out headlight switch bulb with one of these. Instead of soldering it on the circuit board I just spliced it into the switch wiring so it comes on when you turn on the switch. I just placed the bulb toward the front of the switch where it would light it up when on. You can make these work for the 4WD switch also with a little work. I installed it in the factory base after cutting down it's base and the factory base to get the clearence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.