Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 jumpseat in a 2001

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SierraStroker 
#1 ·
I am replacing my 2001 jumpseat which was damaged with a 2011 jumpseat which I already ordered because it was a great deal. The research I did says the back holes line up but the front bolts don't. Has anyone ever done this mod that could give me an idea of what I got myself into?

#2 ·
More details please, and photos would be nice too!

I hate the rear jump seat in my 1999 & I too was wondering
what kind of seating upgrading others have done.

What did you have to pay for your rear seat? Where did you
get it? Other than the front bolts, does it fit / look right?

Photos – we need photos of this project!

#3 ·
Sorry for the delay but here it is my first write-up.

HOW TO SWAP IN A 2011-2012 FRONT JUMPSEAT IN A 2001:

This is what my crappy stock 2001 jumpseat looked like. I would have upgraded to a console but I really do get good use out of that jumpseat.

Make sure when you are ready to do the swap you don't have anywhere to go as both driver and passenger seats must be removed to access the front bolts to the jumpseat.

Here is the comparison between the 2011 jumpseat on the left and the 2001 jumpseat on the right.

Although the back bolts fit perfect there are no front bolt holes at all on the new seat.

At frist I tried to remove the entire bracket from the 2001 jumpseat and have the 2011 piggyback on it but the seat was almost 4 inches too high.

So I just cut the piece I needed off and got it right on the second cut. (top right piece is all you need.)

So the bottom plastic skirt wasn't melted I removed it. I bolted the back of the seat and front brackets tight. I put a couple bolts to hold drivers seat in place till I got to the welder down the street. Once I got there I removed the drivers seat, as he preped his welder and cut two 1/4" round stock pieces to length. I covered the jumpseat with a fireblanket while he tack welded the brackets in place. I removed the jumpseat and bolted in the drivers seat while he finished the weld. Since I knew the seat was going to be hot for a while I just put in in the bed for the ride home.

Now something I didn't take pictures of (sorry) is the 2011 jumpseat comes with a lockable seat bottom for storage. I removed the lock and took it to my local locksmith. At this point I must warn you it has to be a GOOD locksmith, NOT pop-a-lock. The 2011-2012 locks have a security feature that the original key must be used to unlock the lock so you can rekey it. At first they told me they wouldn't be able to do it but after mentioning that I was a hobby lockpicker and showing the owner my homemade picks I carry in my wallet he said he wasn't ready to admit defeat and he just needed time. Not wanting to rush him I went back the next day. One of his lock pickers took it home, got it open and was able to rekey it. I have a bit of OCD so I was very glad that it worked out or I just wouldn't have been able to deal with it.

Got the plastic skirt/tray back on the jumpseat, screwed the lock back in, bolted the back bolts in place, placed the passenger seat in and...wait a minute something doesn't fit right...grrrr. Don't panic I got the seat as close to fitting as possible and got in the back seat to inspect the problem. Ahhhh... There it is! A tiny bit of trimming is all it needed. (Driver's seat required even less.)

Finished driver's view.

Passenger view.

Here is the jumpseat in the upright and locked position. I really like that it has a real retracting shoulder seatbelt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.