Does anyone have a JL stealthbox? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone have a JL stealthbox?

I saw these the other day when browsing through crutchfield looking for solutions to add a sub to my supercab. As we all know there isn't a whole lot of room to do this without infringing on people's space but I came along this little number:

Car Audio - Stealthbox® - Ford - SuperDuty - Ford SuperDuty '98-'07 / Excursion '00-'07

At $650 I think I'll pass but it's an interesting idea. I was just curious if anyone was running something like this or maybe a custom fab one? I'm trying to think about how that bass would sound pounding right next to me. Doesn't sound too appealing.

Last edited by Zakattack7.3; 07-25-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I want one! But I think im going to have a local guy build a downfire box for mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php...&cat=16&page=1

Came across this in another thread. Granted its for 08+ but gives you a reason to upgrade to a new console.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm on my 3rd stealthbox (3 different vehicles) and I'm very happy with them. Sure they're a little pricey, but imo well worth it. They're tuned very well, and have a nice crisp hit to them, not muddy like a lot of sub boxes.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

Yup. I have one and I like it. I used to be big into huge setups but lost that quite a few years ago. I've had my stealthbox for three years now and it still sounds great. Pricey, but as mentioned, worth it.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Don't have one but i was able to fit a 12" sub directly behind the console with plenty of room for two passengers in the back. Doesn't look too bad I don't think.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:48 PM

I have a stealthbox for one of my cars that I've since taken out.
The fit and finish is excellent, BUT it really depends on which sub(s) come in the box for your application. Mine came with (2) 10” W3V4 subs….Not great.. I wasn’t that happy with them. I don’t know which subs they offer for other stealthbox applications, but the W6 and W7 subs are much better if you want to stick with JL. I was powering my W3’s with a JL500W mono amp so I was getting good clean power to them.

As far as WickedCas…That is a top notch operation. I have made several purchases with them. In fact, that is where I bought my stealthbox and amps from. Nazar is a great guy and takes care of his customers. If you give him a call he will discuss your options for subs and a custom box. I would absolutely recommend them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.