Interior parts for sell - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interior parts for sell

I swapped my entire interior this weekend. I have a 2000 xlt and I now have a complete 2006 lariat. very clean. Dash and all! It was awesome and ill have to post some pics. anyhow I now have a complete blue fabric interior that I will be selling off if anybody wants something from it. Seats have no rips. Drivers side is power. have carpet, dash, seat belts, columns, anything and everything except headliner and airbag. Let me know if you want any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Premium Member

I would love to do this swap, Please post some pics and info on the ductility involved in the dash swap.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyF350 View Post
I would love to do this swap, Please post some pics and info on the ductility involved in the dash swap.
I didnt take many pics but will try to explain best i can. If something doesn't make sense maybe I can snag a pic of that portion of the process for you. Ok here is my mini write up of dash conversions. First of all have patience....and disconnect batteries.

1st remove the things not bolted down.. cup holder and coin holder I think are the 2 things you have to worry about most here.

2nd remove your fuse panel cover and your glovebox. The glovebox is held in by some rubber 'stops' that you have to get out (once you look its pretty self explanitory) then the glove box will swing wide open and you can access a line of screws along the bottom of the glovebox hinge.

3rd I would remove your air bag and set off to the side where it won't be bumped. I dunno how these things work but didnt want to chance it. The way you get to your airbag is through your now empty glove box compartment. First unplug the airbag, youll see the plug, and then there are only a few bolts/nuts holding it in. Once your got all the bolts undone move air bag toward passanger seat. There will be some resistance because there are clips holding the face of the airbag to the dash

4th Id remove the radio. Most people have aftermarket radios so im not going to bother explaining this one but just remove it to reduce weight on the next step.

5th get a flat head screwdriver wrap with a dish rag and pry out the part of the dash that houses all the electronics. all that was holding it was clips so work your way around it til you get all the clips. Then after its all loose you can get a hand back there and disconnect your wiring harnesses. I labeled all mine as I went along so that I wouldnt screw up. once you have all the harnesses undone you should be able to easily remove that part of the dash.

6th Ok now your dash is starting to look pretty naked... Your done with the easy stuff. Now you have to go around and remove every bold holding dash in. There are lots and I wont go into most of it because most are easy to find but there are a few tricky ones. the bar between the air bag and glove box holds a few from the back that are tricky. along sides of glovebox housing too.... just check everywhere around glovebox, thats the most secured, trickiest area.

k dont forget up along top by windshield you have 3 plastic pieces you have to pop out to find more.

7th the hardest part...... by the pillar on both sides you have a screw coming from the engine side thats holding the dash, frame, and air duct together.... very frustrating screws and there is really no advice other than for me to tell you its possible... one tip is when I went to put it back in i knew i couldnt possible get them back in so i used heavy duty zip tie to put back in... worked great and held very well...

now, push, pull, tug on dash and you should be able to feel if you got them all out. Lower steering wheel and gear shifter and fish the dash out of there... TADA now you have no dash....

reverse process and good luck, hit me up with any specific questions and ill answer best as I can.. Dash took a good 4 hours complete interior swap took 10-12.

also, keep in mind not all wiring harnesses are going to match up but you can make them all work, if you have questions about them im pretty good at that stuff but its so year specific that im not going to go into that part unless somebody has specific questions.

overall very worth it!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormorgan View Post
I swapped my entire interior this weekend. I have a 2000 xlt and I now have a complete 2006 lariat. very clean. Dash and all! It was awesome and ill have to post some pics. anyhow I now have a complete blue fabric interior that I will be selling off if anybody wants something from it. Seats have no rips. Drivers side is power. have carpet, dash, seat belts, columns, anything and everything except headliner and airbag. Let me know if you want any of this.
Would you sell just the front seats? If you wou? ld how much and world they fit in a 2002 F-350 &.3
Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Guns & Powerstroke's

What color is your a pillar?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Any chance of a blue gauge pod pillar?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ya know...painting the plastic pieces is easy with a little prep work and the right plastic paint.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:29 PM

any pictures of the completed interior?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny7.3 pw View Post
Would you sell just the front seats? If you wou? ld how much and world they fit in a 2002 F-350 &.3
yes they would fit in a 2002 and yes I would sell just front seats. PM me with your location and an offer.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillClimber350 View Post
What color is your a pillar?
Pillar is blue. Drivers side is not available any more, passangers is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2000, 7.3, for sale, interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.