Rear Seat Conversion Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear Seat Conversion Help!

Ok so I started my rear seat conversion today on my 2002 solid bench rear seat converted to a 80/20 rear fold up fold down with fold out metal pan.

I removed the rear seat and found that the new seat has six attachment points (3frontThreaded bolts & 3rear threaded studs) and the 2002 seat only had 4. To my amazement under the body of the truck it looks like the ford has placed the female threaded fittings (see pictures) the red straw is sticking the passenger front fitting.

So here is my problem Ford didn’t drill out the body for the fitting and I am afraid I will bugger the threads when I drill from the underside up through the floor.

Any Advice????
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Seat Conversion Help!-2012-06-16_14-03-08_747.jpg   Rear Seat Conversion Help!-passfront-threaded-hole.jpg   Rear Seat Conversion Help!-passrear-stud.jpg   Rear Seat Conversion Help!-undersidepassfrontthreaded-hole.jpg   Rear Seat Conversion Help!-undersidepassrearthreaded-hole.jpg  

Last edited by tallyF350; 07-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 AM

maybe a piece of copper tubing to act as a sheath for the drill bit to prevent it from chewing up the threads?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

Tube sounds like a great idea, I was thinking I could use one of those cone looking bits from the inside after I pre drill from the under side.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 AM

SO, a question about the rear folding seat swap...

Which year(s) of trucks had the ability to fold the rear seats so that there's a completely flat area, for dogs to hang out? I've seen pictures of folded-up seats with the tool tray or whatever it is, does that have the ability to fold out of the way as well, or is that tray apparatus always on the floor?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyF350 View Post
Tube sounds like a great idea, I was thinking I could use one of those cone looking bits from the inside after I pre drill from the under side.
Exactly I would use a small bit (1/8) from the underside (no sheath pipe needed) to locate the hole on the topside then use a Unibit
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancho View Post
SO, a question about the rear folding seat swap...

Which year(s) of trucks had the ability to fold the rear seats so that there's a completely flat area, for dogs to hang out? I've seen pictures of folded-up seats with the tool tray or whatever it is, does that have the ability to fold out of the way as well, or is that tray apparatus always on the floor?
Not sure on all years, my seat came out of a 2004 it is a 80-20 seat and folds up and down. When it is folded up a metal pan folds out to give a flat surface.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just did a similar swap and just left them alone. My old seats were held in with 4 bolts I saw no reason the new one couldnt be as well. No issue as of yet, seat is very very solid.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormorgan View Post
I just did a similar swap and just left them alone. My old seats were held in with 4 bolts I saw no reason the new one couldnt be as well. No issue as of yet, seat is very very solid.
Did the seat come in two pieces? One jump seat and one large seat? Does the pan that bolts down make it one sturdy piece?

Last edited by tallyF350; 07-19-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the pan must make it one sturdy piece because it was just like a bench seat. no play in the seat. very sturdy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.