Flip Down DVD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flip Down DVD

Has anyone installed a flip down DVD in a Super Duty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Premium Member

After searching the forums for information regarding Roof mount DVD install in a Super Duty.

I came across this Trim Bezel (Myron & Davis TR107 Universal Trim Ring Console for SDM107) that should work. I will do a write up on the install from the perspective of an electronically challenged Mod-er.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All vehicles are pretty much the same when it comes to adding an aftermarket overhead monitor. The installation seems much more daunting than it really is. You will more than likely be placing the overhead console where the interior light is so remove that light and use that hole to run your wires. It's easier (for me) to run the wires to the passenger side above the front door, so I pull the rubber trim down and run a fish tape above the headliner to the interior light hole. Attach your wires (power, ground, ignition, 3 way rca if needed) to the fish tape and pull them through. Once the wires are through you will look up through the hole and find a crossbrace; this is where you will screw in half of your mounting screws. Make a mark on the headliner where the brace is, making sure that the mark is small enough to be covered by the overhead when it is mounted. Line up the 2 mounting holes that will attach to the brace and with a sharpie mark THE OTHER 2 MOUNTING HOLES on the headliner. Place a scrap piece of wood wide enough to span the other mounting holes above the headliner where you just marked and shoot a screw through the headliner to hold it in place. Connect all of your wires, hold the console in place, lining up the mounting holes with the marks you made earlier and using self tapping screws that are not long enough to go through the roof of the truck screw it all in starting with the holes that will be mounted to the brace and ending with the holes that will go into the wood. The screws in the wood will just sandwich the headliner to stabilize the overhead; the heavy lifting is done by the brace mount screws.

Since it comes out so easily I find the easiest place to connect the wiring is behind the radio. This not only makes the installation easier, but is keeps all of the entertainment on the same fuse. Additionally if you plan to add a monitor head unit later this keeps the RCA's in the right place.

I really hope this helps you out.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

Show96.....Thanks for the info it will help alot! If its ok I may ask for some pointers when I get into the mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.