Removing door panel? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Removing door panel?

Original speaker in my drivers door (right hand side for us downunder, who got the brazil built RHD models) has stopped working.

Keen to remove the door panel and find out whats wrong with it.

Thought I'd ask if there are any tricks to know about doing this before hand. It's been about 30 years since I pulled a door panel from a ford, so I figure what with electric windows and such that things might have changed somewhat in the last 30 years?.

Is there any specific advice about how to remove the interior door panel to get to the speaker?.

Secondly - is there any replacement brand model speaker that will fit straight in where the original one comes out and give adequate performance to equal the original?

Am I better to just order a replacement speaker from Ford?

These F 250s are rare as hens teeth downunder (which is why they command about $80,000+ second hand) which means finding a working speaker at a wreckers yard is going to be next to impossible.

Then again - any spare part from Ford will be worth its equivalent weight in gold....which is why I thought I'd ask if anyone has found a suitable aftermarket replacement that fits and works at a reasonable price.

Failing that can I buy one online anywhere that anyone knows of and have it shipped airmail maybe?

Thanks in advance - first time the ol gals given me any trouble in quite a while thankfully and I like to keep on top of anything so the problem list doesn't grow too long and frustrating.

Id hate to screw up the door panel by not doing it the right way...heck I can't even see any caps in the door handle for access to screws etc so I am a little stumped at where to start!

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers & beers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Try this .
Old 06-11-2012, 09:09 AM

First pop off mirror base cover inside door
pull up on the window/lock switch panel. Unplug switches
Unfasten screw (8mm I think) behind panel
On the front doors pop off the courtsey lense and there is a #8 there as well
Then just lift if and wiggle loose
Twist peanut bulb base out of lense housing
Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 AM

I stand corrected (7MM)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 AM

Thanks indeed!

Thank you very much indeed gentlemen, I would definitely NOT have worked that out on my own - the vid and description make it very clear!

I would have screwed the door panel up, if left to my own devices, no question!

I am in your debt gentlemen.

Sincerely - I really appreciate it, If I can ever help anyone else out in return please ask.

I'll report on what I find out about my speaker...I am guessing the speaker has seized somewhere inside the magnet maybe...

Still curious if anyone knows of the best way to get a replacement one?.

I'm too old for all this doof doof sub woofers etc I just want to hear my 60's, 70's & 80s music, rather than have to listen to my missus whine on all day long!

When my dog whines at the back door, at least he quits when I let him in - the missus is another story altogether. :

Funny to read you guys talking about 7 & 8 mm socket etc - we got stuck with the metric system when I was just a kid but I was old enough to remember miles and pounds and ounces and imperial measurements! Worked 20 years with my old man who was a master builder and timber craftsman and he spoke imperial measurements mostly de4spite the change to metrics so I am ambidextrous when it comes to measurements - just as happy with a 7mm socket, or a 5/16, in fact I probably prefer imperial to be truthful - they have more meaning to me in terms of being able to envision in my minds eye what size it actually looks like.

I have tools in my tool box in both measurement systems - because to me they are interchangeable.... bu I ask my 2 now grown lads to grab me an imperial size spanner and they screw up their face as if i am speaking a foreign language.

We should never have adopted the imperial system - we should have followed the USA and stuck with imperial...

Ask me how many miles to the next stop and I can have a rough guess off the top of my head pretty close - ask me how many kilometers and I haven't a clue, I STILL convert my 100kph speedo measurements in my head to 60 miles an hour to know how fast I am going....

OK enough with the back in the good ol days rambling - it happens when you get old.

More cheers!

Last edited by Lucky Eddy; 06-11-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Add more
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM

Update,

Speaker replaced with a new one from Ford.

It was a snap after following the video - thanks stangman and 1A Auto : Aftermarket Auto Parts, Car Body Parts, Replacement & New Automobile and Truck Parts | Buy Discount Car & Auto Parts Online

I couldn't have done it without you guys!

My 1959 tunes are ringing out loud and clear again much to my passengers disgust!!

Cheers & I owe you all one!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 AM

Re: Removing door panel?

These door panels have to be the easiest to take off... hands down.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.