*Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
*Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install

My factory 6 CD changer has been acting up for the last two months. It will randomly fade to the right and or fade all the way to the back. I was constantly changing it back to center. Just recently it decided to randomly change radio stations as well as skip forward on cds.

It was time to replace it. I wanted something that looked like it belonged and not out of place. I considered buying another 6 cd changer from ebay but then remembered my favorite radio from CES 2012. The Pioneer 2400bt.

To remove the sub dash simply pop the headlight switch out from the bottom and then the rest of it just pulls off. (unplug 4x4 switch from behind as well as cigarette lighter.

I only wanted to pull this all apart once so I plugged in Composite cables from input as well as output and just ran them behind the kick panel. This way I can easily add a second flip down screen in the back or plug in an xbox etc. without getting behind the radio again.

I then ran cables to the back of the truck for the back up camera. Under the plastic foot runners there are lots of plastic plugs that can be removed and used for getting cables from inside the truck to outside easily. I put the power box to the camera beside the back bench. (FYI Best Buy has these awesome quality Sony Cameras normally $125 on clearance for $34 in my area)

Now for the tricky part: finding a cable behind the fuse box that was hot ONLY when in reverse. This way whether i'm watching a movie or listening to music the reverse camera is automatically activated and switched on. The correct wire is pictured and is BLACK with a PINK stripe!

I only have GREAT things to say about this radio. I purchased it from a local retailer that matched crutchfied. $349 with all wiring harnesses and mounting plates for my truck. I like buying local so if I have a question I can go ask in person and get good help. (Lynn's Audio and Video in Northern UT) They also helped me bypass the emergency brake requirement for watching movies while driving

This particular head unit has blutooth and automatically finds my phone each time I get in my truck. I don't even need to pull it out of my pocket to press play on pandora. Skipping and album info is readily available on the unit with Pandora as well as the iPod. If I plug into the head unit it activates "App Mode" allowing me to give pandora songs thumbs up and down as well as change pandora stations. I can also launch Navi-X GPS and the HU will display the directions right on the screen for me as well as play music in the back ground at the same time. The screen is very crisp and looks stock. The lighting can be changed to any of hundreds of different color combos as well as random that will circle through a rainbow of colors.

An external mic is also included. I have it mounted against my windshield just behind my Edge screen. All my contacts were automatically transferred to the head unit so I can place calls without taking my phone out of my pocket. Alternatively I can just dial a number or browse quick dials and missed calls.

If you are embarking on doing this install just know that it took me 8 hours! and does require a little bit of cutting the back of the sub dash to allow the radio to fit. I'll try and help you out if you post on this thread. Good luck!

Purchase this radio: Pioneer AVH-P2400BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Finally the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
*Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0591.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0592.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0594.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0595.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0596.jpg  

Last edited by scottphillips88; 05-30-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 AM

More Pics and I guess this needs to be 10 characters...
Attached Thumbnails
*Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0604.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0606.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0608.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0609.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0610.jpg  

Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 AM

Even more Pics and I guess this needs to be 10 characters...
Attached Thumbnails
*Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0611.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0624.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0626.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0628.jpg   *Pictures of Pioneer 2400bt DVD/Bluthooth + Back Up camera Install-img_0630.jpg  

Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Man that came out nice....been wanting to do the same thing to mine. My volume only works half azz. Good job.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:11 AM

Thanks man! Anyone can do it really. I'm not skilled in this area at all! Just a lot of time and a soldering gun. Can't wait to add a big rear screen for about $100 (Doesn't need dvd player, will pull from HU)

Last edited by scottphillips88; 05-30-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM

Do you have a model number on that Sony cam Scott?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I plan order this same unit since I got an updated tailgate with a camera.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:30 PM

that looks awesome! that is the exact same stereo and setup i plan on doing when i can. already emailed this posting to myself so i have your instructions on hand! looks great man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.