Excursion 2nd Row door, 2 actuators each? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Excursion 2nd Row door, 2 actuators each?

Hello, brand new to this site as of right now!
We purchased an Excursion 2 days ago and I'm going though it as it need 4 out of 5 lock actuators. I read this thread here:Power Door Locks FIXED!!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums and realized as it says, I can fix my lock actuators and save myself over $200. So first door down, its pass side, row 2 door, and I realize, other that the usual actuator (at the latching mechanism, there is another actuator-like part directly south of the lock/unlock post, it does not want to come out, so I cannot pull a part number off of it. What is odd, and why I'm posting this is searches for replacement part of this shows up nothing. I looks not it was put in aftermarket (wiring does not match, mounting screw is hardware store type. So I'm wondering if someone else with an Excursion has the same part. Cannot find any pics of the door w/o panel online and my tech book for the Ex is still in the mail!
Any help would be appreciated! I believe this 2nd actuator is causing the first one (which I believe should work now) to work. Any insights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can get a set of 4 on fleabay for less than $70. Thats what I did and works fine so far. As far as the install I had my mechanic do mine. sorry
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Figured it out just the other day, the previous owner had someone put in aftermarket lock actuators, instead of replacing the factory ones, once I realized they were not supposed to be there, and were not needed, I took them out, and just went to Ford today to pick up two new ones (they were $50 each, which isn't too bad considering they are an updated part # and version, so they "should" last longer. At least Ford recognized the problem that they don't last long enough. Additionally, $100 isn't too bad considering that I was able to fix two of them with the aluminum foil on the transistor in the electrical motor trick and they work great! Broke one of the actuators, and one was faulty in another aspect, so thats why I bought 2 new ones. Hopefully I can get those both in today. Thanks for the help regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.