new truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new truck

New to the forum, first diesel -

2001 e350 extended cargo van, 134000 miles.

A few minor issues - please point me in the right direction

No lights on the left side of gauge cluster. speedo, oil pressure and battery is fully illuminated, but very very faint on the fuel and temp.

HVAC blower is verrrry weak, even on high speed. (is there an in-cab air filter?)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cant help ya on the blower motor but i do believe there is a resistor pack in the duct work somewhere.
i know the one on my truck is under the hood but have no idea where yours would be. I do know they put them inside the air track to help keep them cool with moving air.

The dash, there are alot (6-7) small bulbs that i cant for the life of me remember what size, that are in the back of the instrument panel. Sounds like you have a few that are burnt out. Before you tear into it, check to see if all the other indicator lights work. This happens when you first turn the key to "on" position. If there are any of those that dont work, get a bulb for those also.

I would say it takes about an hour for someone experienced to do this. If you havent done it, maybe look some things up on youtube before getting started.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info - that will get me off to a good start
Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 PM

No prob
Oh...
Old 03-31-2012, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I had like four of the big bulbs burn out. I couldn't see how fast I was going at night. It's really simple to fix, I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to working on these trucks and it only took like 30 an hour. Just pull out the radio, take the two bolts behind it off to remove the dash piece, pop off the whole dash piece, unscrew the gauge cluster (4 easy to access screws when you remove the plastic dash piece), unplug it and pull it out. Then just twist off the bulbs and get the replacement ones at an autoparts store. I think they were like 2 for $5 or something like that, but it's definitely worth it to be able to see your gauges at night. And theres only like 6 of the big bulbs, so it's not that expensive. Good luck.

Oh, and you might want to try to buy the bulbs before you take the dash apart, or have an extra car. I had to throw the gauges cluster back in and plug it up to go buy the new bulbs. I didn't put the plastic dash piece back on though, it was so weird driving my truck around like that. lol.

Last edited by 2001_F250; 03-31-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.