Speedometer off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speedometer off

I have a 99 f250 7.3. the truck has smaller tires on it they are 70's instead of 75's. I got the superlift speed calibrator because it was 10mph to fast. I followed the instructions and put the speed calibrator on. after i installed it its been acurate untill about 40mph and then its 5 mph to slow and then as i increase my speed it even gets further out of wack 10mph to slow and so on. Does anyone know what is causing this?? Do i need a new instrument cluster? Speed sensor? something im missing here with the calibrator? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

your gonna need more info than just 70 to 75. What size are the tires that are on it now? Did you buy the truck with big tires on it and then take them off?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah they are stock except the side wall height. I told me in the superlift manual to do 10 turns on the calibrator which i did but like i said it is true speed slower then 40 mph according to my gps and then the faster you go the more off it gets. It had these smaller tires when i bought it. the guy i bought it from lowered it in the back with 2" drop shackles and he said he liked the smaller tire look i guess. I bought some 20's for it and going to put them on but i guess he said they are the same height just more rim.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no responses not sure what to do
Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Back when I had a lifted truck with big tires I took it to a local shop that had a drive on dyno and they ran it thru all the gears and from that they made a speed compensator to correct my odometer.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought 20 rims on it with 275/45/20 tires hopefully when i put them on in the spring i will take it to get calibrated. I bought the calibrator but it still isn't right i must be doing something wrong i installed it right. hmmm
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang0303 View Post
I bought 20 rims on it with 275/45/20 tires hopefully when i put them on in the spring i will take it to get calibrated. I bought the calibrator but it still isn't right i must be doing something wrong i installed it right. hmmm
Just do what I did as the place I went to builds a custom unit for EACH vehicle. Don't go to a place that just pulls a converter off the shelf and install it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.