Puttin in sub/subs! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Puttin in sub/subs!

Okay been wanting to update stereo system in my pickup. All around speakers will come around later. As of right now just wanting to throw in a new head unit, a sub or two and amp to power them.

My only problem is, my truck is a extended cab and not full size. So what the hell are my options for putting a sub into our trucks??? The back seat underneath is only 7'' tall so i dont really see that being a option???

Any help on convient sub locations are very welcomed!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you want it to look clean a box under the seat with a shallow sub

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Door speakers will be better than a sub. The stockers do not even compare to quality aftermarket speakers.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Goose, while i listen to country 75% of the time. All my buddies and girl listen to rap/rock all the time. An i too enjoy it. I think the extra thump from a sub would go along nice since the truck literally has no bass at all stock lol.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Aftermarket speakers put out a lot of bass,but its your call.

I like sound quality over bass. Stock speakers and a sub does not equal quality.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM

They way to do it is. A good head unit, some good speakers and a nice amp pushing those. Then a sub. I turn my sub down because I like to hear my music but a nice thump is nice

Old 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I've seen the under seat boxes for the extended cabs. That's probably the best way to go. I want to replace all my factory speakers and headunit, and then later I will put in an amp and 2 under seat subs.

Also, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've turned up the bass and a little bit of treble on my factory system and basses real good when blasting rap or rock. Still sounds clean too. Obviously, it might not compare to a Pioneer system or something, but for a 11 year old system, it goes pretty hard.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Emergency Services

There are a few guys on here who have put a sub in their center bench seat. JL Audio makes one to fit there too.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM

When I had my 03' F150 ext cab, I had a custom made box from Probass (if I remember correctly) that fit under the back seat on the passenger side. My F150 had a hump in the center of the floor board and the box had a lip that sat up on top of that hump. The speaker I had was a 10" Crossfire and it pointed directly at the floor, down fire style. Had it about 3 days and looked it over and noticed the speaker was rubbing on the carpet, so I had to buy a grate to put over the speaker. Ran a 760 watt Pioneer amp under the back seat as well. Had it hooked up to my factory 6CD changer. It sounded great. Added plenty of tone to my sound system but wasn't over powering. Sounded best on country music honestly.

My buddy had an 05' reg cab F250 with a crew cab box behind the seats with a 10" Digital Design sub and it hit so hard it blew his cruise control buttons off his steering wheel one day. Mine was much more subtle, and I loved it.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001_F250 View Post

Also, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've turned up the bass and a little bit of treble on my factory system and basses real good when blasting rap or rock. Still sounds clean too. .
Like I said, it doesn't compare to aftermarket stuff. The way I went was: 1) Door speakers 2) head unit and then a sub. If you are wanting the best sound with very little money then just do door speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.