2000 F250, crazy electrical issues (see thread) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 2000 F250, crazy electrical issues (see thread)

okay well there are a bunch of random things happening so I sure hope somebody can help me asap. I don't want this truck going to a shop for them to charge me hundreds or even a thousand dollars

Interior Lamp Relay buzzes on and off incredibly fast. I can unplug the plug which contains the dome light wire, door lock wires, and along with a bunch of other wires and the relay stops buzzing which I'm sure it's just because the interior lights run through that plug. The plug is located just to the right of the steering assembly above the gas pedal.

If the horn switch is pressed then the horn will stay active unless by either removing the horn fuse or horn relay. Once its plugged back in it will stop until again pressed. Now occasionally the horn will just randomly go off. Must be some kind of back feed, idk that's why im here lol

The radio and power windows stay active. The black/green wire from the ignition switch has ~11 volts and the gray/yellow had ~5 volts. This is without the key in the ignition. There is a relay under the radio that stays active also. I connected my power probe and induced a ground into the bk/gn wire and the radio and power window circuits die along with the "Accessory Delay Relay" (relay 5 in under dash fuse box) and that relay under the radio shut off. Hope that has some meaning to this issue. Although the "Interior Lamp Relay" stays buzzing.

Also the lights on all the control switches in the door panels or on, don't know if they come on with the accessory/ignition circuit that is active or not but just figured i would through that in.

What could be the issue and how can I fix this? If anyone can maybe help led me in the right path that would be great.

If anyone is in the Oklahoma City area and can resolve my problem I'll definitely buy you some beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First thing I's do is to look up behind the fusebox at the GEM module for the presents of water. The windshields are prone to leaking in the bottom corners, just above there. Has it been raining a lot lately?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

its odd you say that because yes the windshield has leaked...right above the steering wheel. dang i sure hope it aint that module. are they expensive? you know where I could buy one?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They're not cheap and it needs to be matched to your truck. BUT, first determine if it's the problem....

Take it out and dry it out if it IS wet, maybe you'll get Lucky
Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the issues were due to the batteries. they were not holding a good charge. they were showing 12.5 volts at rest but i'm assuming not enough amperage to work the computers and such

thanks for the help
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would still chck the GEM. Shine a light in the side defrost vent on the far left side of the dash facing the window. See if there is standing water in it after a hard rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.