Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Kenwood dnx9140

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Doorhanger 
#1 ·
Anyone know if this will fit? Or does anyone have pictures of this installed?

#3 ·
They sell a double din kit. I know METRA makes one. That's the one I have. Just requires a little trimming of the lip on the dash around the radio. U will see when u install it. A dremel and sanding drum is all u need and the factory radio still goes back in with no problem.

#4 ·
yea it will fit i used what came with it i have the dnx 7100 same thing but yours is newer theres a write up of some one installing a double din

#5 ·
I just recently installed a Kenwood DNX-9960 in my 02 F350. I had to remove the plastic piece that is between the top of the heater controls and the bottom of the radio. I used an air recriprocating saw to do it. I also had to bend the metal track that supports the bottom of the OEM radio down about 1/2". Its a super tight fit with the 9960 but I got it all in there and it looks super clean. Well worth the effort.

#9 ·
I know it's been along time since this post, but do you have any pictures of the final look of it w/o that trim peice between the heater and radio.

#6 ·
I do not understand why people cut up the dash and use the parts that come with the radio to install it. Metra and Scosche make a kit specifically to mount a double din in these year model trucks. With the kit you iso mount the radio on the dash with just a little trimming. No need for chopping up the bezel and when you wanna change no biggie. The oem radio even pops right back in without any hint of anything ever being done. Heres one on ebay but you can pick one up at any local shop I am sure.
Ford F250 2002 Double Din Radio Stereo Install Dash Kit - eBay (item 330515447208 end time Feb-03-11 09:55:12 PST)

#7 ·
i used the kit listed above this weekend. fits like a glove. i also dont understand the idiots cutting up there dashes when they can get a 15 dollar kit like above. all thats needed is to trim off 2 little lips in which i did with an angle grinder in ten seconds

#8 ·
My stereo is to tall to fit in the opening period! The cage is 4 1/2" It's a Dnx-7140. Looking now for some help, stummbled across this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.