Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box

I am posting this since I was asked a couple of times how I made my sub box fit into my truck . I didn't take any pics during the modification but it's really simple . You just turn the upper seat brackets around . Then install a spacer double the thickness of the factory spacer at the opposite end (toward back of truck) I also drilled new holes in my lower brackets as far forward as I could to get another inch or so forward . In the end the seat is about 2" further forward . I had a friend of mine who is about 6'4 sit in the back after the mod and he said it didn't feel too much different then his (he has the same truck) . Hear are some pics I took after the mod was done . If anyone has any questions let me know .
Attached Thumbnails
Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box-074.jpg   Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box-073.jpg   Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box-072.jpg   Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box-071.jpg   Rear seat mod to fit bigger sub box-097.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looks awsome man. i have the same exact subs. there great. i swapped my brackets at first to fit mine behind the seat but i fount it was harder than hell to get your feet in the truck. so. i flipped my brackets back to factory and then just drilled the holes 1 inch further which gave me enough room for the subs but yet keep my foot room back there. i dont have a sweet amp rack like you tho
Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Chapter Director

about how much room do you have back there? ive got a sub thats too deep to build a box back there now but if i get a couple inches it may work
Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
looks awsome man. i have the same exact subs. there great. i swapped my brackets at first to fit mine behind the seat but i fount it was harder than hell to get your feet in the truck. so. i flipped my brackets back to factory and then just drilled the holes 1 inch further which gave me enough room for the subs but yet keep my foot room back there. i dont have a sweet amp rack like you tho
Yea it definitely cut down the walkway area getting into the truck but it's not to bad . There is 6.5 " between the front of the seat and the center pillar . As far as the room behind the seat I have a full 10" at the bottom and 6" at the top and this is with the carpeted panel still in place . The amp rack is a really easy piece to make . Also I turned the drivers side sub the right way too . It was a very late night when I put it in that way .

Last edited by Bad Night; 11-19-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Very clean install, great job.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

Thanks , I am pretty happy with it . It sounds great too .
Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Chapter Director

hmmm thats plenty of room ill have to take my seat out and play with measurements to get the most room for seating and the most airspace for a box
Old 03-09-2012, 08:05 PM

Nice setup
Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Premium Member

Thanks , I am really happy with it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.