Passenger side window stuck down - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tristanlee85 Send a message via MSN to tristanlee85 Send a message via Yahoo to tristanlee85
Passenger side window stuck down

I've looked for a few wiring diagrams for the interior, specifically the door and window motor, but no dice. I have been able to get the window down and up once, but took it all the way down and it won't come back up. Both the driver and passenger switches fail to move the window.

I believe the motor is new or at least has been tested. When I push the switch down to lower it more (which it won't because it's bottomed out), I feel a relay or something click near the window motor. My guess is that there is a sensor suck that makes it think the window is all the way up? The switch and everything seems to be getting power correctly so I'm curious to know if such switch/sensor exists (and where) that would indicate the window is all the way up or down.

The rest of the week looks clear of rain so I'm good from that stand point, but if anyone could point me to interior diagrams that would be pretty helpful. I'm not exactly sure which wires should be getting what voltage reading.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Sounds like what mine did before I replaced the motor. It would slow way down when going up, would go down fine, but the last few days before replacement, it would stay down. Had to slam the door while holding the up button a few times before it would actually come up. Power window motor & regulator at the stealership was around $90. Was easy to replace & has worked great ever since.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to tristanlee85 Send a message via MSN to tristanlee85 Send a message via Yahoo to tristanlee85
Hmm. If I recall correctly the motor has been replaced. It looks new and is different from the other motor as the wiring does not match the colors it should be. I just reversed the wires so when I push down on the switch it went up. I am leaning toward the switch being bad (took it completely apart and can't see anything wrong/burnt). However, I would assuming that if the passenger's switch is bad, I would at least be able to put it down/up from the driver's side, but that one didn't work either unless a bad passenger switch caused the driver's side not to work either and vice versa. That's why I've been searching for a wiring diagram to help clear things up.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 PM

Figures, it was the switch. I guess whichever part of it is bad affects the connectivity of both the driver and passenger side. I swapped it with the lock switch for now since the windows are used more than the power locks and it works perfectly fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.