Door sill removal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Door sill removal

How do I remove the door sills? My carpet is getting real wet after it rains and I wanted to pull out the passenger side interior to get a better idea of where the leak might be coming from.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 AM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
are u referring to the plastic part? if so, under dash above carpet is a tab thingy pullit w/needlenose they are 1" long. pull out that piece & all the others along floor will follow, be gentle, tabs can get a bit stuck from being wet & it sucks if one breaks cuz then u have a tiny buldge. i can link pics more then likely

hope that helps
Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking89 View Post
How do I remove the door sills? My carpet is getting real wet after it rains and I wanted to pull out the passenger side interior to get a better idea of where the leak might be coming from.

Thanks
Regarding your leak. I had the same problem on my pass side. discovered that the heater plenum was filling up with water and leaking through the air door. I COULD NOT locate how the water was getting in the plenum box. Finally solved the problem by removing the inner fender liner and drilling a hole in the bottom of the box. Water still gets into the box, but now it drains and stays out of the interior.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The leak for me is definitely higher up. I have some dripping coming from the grid handle on the passenger side grip handle. I don't see any water anywhere else except that the carpet is soaked. I'm guessing its going down the a-pillar to the carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.