Best Three Gauge Pod? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Three Gauge Pod?

Weird question maybe.

I have a set of three glow shift gauges (pyro, boost and tranny), which are okay. But the pod that they came with sucks. It's flimsy and doesn't fit very well. I removed my original piece that goes there from the factory, too.

I'm wondering if there are one of the companies that sell the gauge/pod sets who I can order the triple pod from that has a good, tight fit. I was thinking one of the bigger names like Autometer might have a good fit, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

**Also** I was thinking of buying some new gauges, and since all of the wiring and everything is already hooked up, would it be just as simple to unhook the Glo Shift gauges, and hook up a different brand?

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHALL View Post
Weird question maybe.

I have a set of three glow shift gauges (pyro, boost and tranny), which are okay. But the pod that they came with sucks. It's flimsy and doesn't fit very well. I removed my original piece that goes there from the factory, too.

I'm wondering if there are one of the companies that sell the gauge/pod sets who I can order the triple pod from that has a good, tight fit. I was thinking one of the bigger names like Autometer might have a good fit, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

**Also** I was thinking of buying some new gauges, and since all of the wiring and everything is already hooked up, would it be just as simple to unhook the Glo Shift gauges, and hook up a different brand?

Thanks guys
Don't you have to leave the factory pillar on the truck and mount the new one over it?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM

With glowshift the 3 and 4 pods are replacement for the factory unit. I got the 4 and it doesnt fit great but it works so I leaving it.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboyxlt View Post
With glowshift the 3 and 4 pods are replacement for the factory unit. I got the 4 and it doesnt fit great but it works so I leaving it.
That's my dilemma. It works, just wanting a better fit.

What bout replacing the gauges with something different. Are all gauges the same as far as their connections go, or are some of them different.

Was thinking about switching to some Autometers. My Glo shift gauges work fine but am looking at getting something different.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 AM

Do your gauges fit in the pod well?

Mine do not and thats the only part that aggervates me, I can see the actual gauges housing.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboyxlt View Post
Do your gauges fit in the pod well?

Mine do not and thats the only part that aggervates me, I can see the actual gauges housing.
No, they don't. The top one is okay, but still moves, the middle one is tight and fits good, and the bottom one is horrible. It works it's way out and I have to push it back in all the time.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 PM

Im taking it apart today and re working the gauges brakets a little, see if I can sink them in more. But I just drove it for the first time at night. My volt has no light, my pryo and tranny are supper dim and the boost is bright as hell
Old 05-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had mine mounted as a replacement first and it didnt fit that great, but I removed it and screwed it to the factory one and it fits great now. And my gauges are tight in the holes, maybe I just got lucky
Old 05-26-2010, 10:02 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
my gloshift one is screwed to the factory one
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Damnit, sounds like I might need to find a factory piece to screw my gloshift pod to.

I think I threw mine out...going to be looking for it though...

Any input on switching gauges? Will it be as simple as hooking them up to the gloshift gauge wiring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.