Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Upfitter package in a 2000 Super duty

26K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ZMANN 
#1 ·
I have found some good infomation. Im in the middle of installing the upfitter package right now in my 2000 powerstroke. The plug on the wiring harness for the switches needs to be connected into the back of the fuse panel under the steering wheel, well on the 1999 - 2001 it will not just plug in. But I have a 2002 truck and I looked in it and it has a diffrent fuse panel, and guess what there is the plug. So far I believe the 2002 and up powerstrokes 7.3 and 6.0 engines have the same fuse panel, and the upfitter switches and harness should plug right in. Im working on making the brake control work, just got the new master cylinder so all keep everyone updated.

#2 ·
Got the upfitter switches all wired up. It was way easier then I thought. After testing all the wires from the fuse panel plug on my 2006 super duty to the wiring harness on the upfitter switches, I found this:

Red w/Blue - Constant +
Orange w/Red - Constant +
Red w/Green - Constant +
Red - Constant +
Purple w/Orange - Key on Power
Blue w/Red - Ground

After hooking the wires up as indicated it works great. Im still working on getting the break control to work. I think I have a way to hook it up with out using the Master Cylinder. All get pictures up later.

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Im installing the 2005 - 2007 Super Duty integrated brake control. It goes next to the upfitter switches. The 2000 Super Duty is wired for a brake control, but it is different then the 2005 - 2007. The 2005 brake control is integrated, which means the harder you push on the brake there is a sensor in the master cylinder, that reads the pressure applied to the brake and sends more power to the brake control. So to make it work as designed you have to change the master cylinder, and alot of wiring.

With that said, for my 2000 truck I dont care if its integrated, I like the clean look of it all in the dash, So im going to wire it in so it is like your normal store bought brake control. All get pictures up tommorrow, of what I mean.

#5 · (Edited)
Here are pictures of the plug I used to wire in my upfitter switches. It was easy. The other picture is of my new dash installed, I did install the intigrated brake control, and it works great. Looks just like a 2005 Ford F350 Dash. All update the wiring for the brake control and what I did to install it.

#12 ·
where is the write up? I wanna do thi=s mod too

#7 ·
Ya, I didnt have the spot either, So I tested the wires and I had a parts car that I cut a plug off and wired it in. It is easy to do. So it should work on your excursion.

#9 ·
can you post a close-up picture of the switches in your 2000, I just bought a set and I am wanting to intergrate them into my 2001. thanks

#10 ·
I am confused. The uplifters will plug and play into a 2002 fuse panel? I am getting them if it does....

#11 ·
according to what he is saying then yes it does, id also wanna know about this.. this is 100% write up material, ive been wondering on how to do this forever..

#14 ·
Did you put in a whole 2005 up dash or did you cut a hole in your stock dash it was hard tell in your pics from my iPhone.

#15 ·
By the looks of it, I'd say it's the full 05-07 dash swap. Note the shape of the far right vent. The lower center panel is 05, since it has the mini glovebox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.