Upfitter package in a 2000 Super duty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Upfitter package in a 2000 Super duty

I have found some good infomation. Im in the middle of installing the upfitter package right now in my 2000 powerstroke. The plug on the wiring harness for the switches needs to be connected into the back of the fuse panel under the steering wheel, well on the 1999 - 2001 it will not just plug in. But I have a 2002 truck and I looked in it and it has a diffrent fuse panel, and guess what there is the plug. So far I believe the 2002 and up powerstrokes 7.3 and 6.0 engines have the same fuse panel, and the upfitter switches and harness should plug right in. Im working on making the brake control work, just got the new master cylinder so all keep everyone updated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got the upfitter switches all wired up. It was way easier then I thought. After testing all the wires from the fuse panel plug on my 2006 super duty to the wiring harness on the upfitter switches, I found this:

Red w/Blue - Constant +
Orange w/Red - Constant +
Red w/Green - Constant +
Red - Constant +
Purple w/Orange - Key on Power
Blue w/Red - Ground

After hooking the wires up as indicated it works great. Im still working on getting the break control to work. I think I have a way to hook it up with out using the Master Cylinder. All get pictures up later.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What brake controller are you hooking up? Just curious because I thought there was a plug for those with a towing package to use for a brake controller.

Are these the upfitter switches your talking about? http://www.powerstrokeshop.com/partl...catalogid=3660

Good news about the upfitter swithces. Please post the pictures when you get done.

Last edited by Jason812; 05-18-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im installing the 2005 - 2007 Super Duty integrated brake control. It goes next to the upfitter switches. The 2000 Super Duty is wired for a brake control, but it is different then the 2005 - 2007. The 2005 brake control is integrated, which means the harder you push on the brake there is a sensor in the master cylinder, that reads the pressure applied to the brake and sends more power to the brake control. So to make it work as designed you have to change the master cylinder, and alot of wiring.

With that said, for my 2000 truck I dont care if its integrated, I like the clean look of it all in the dash, So im going to wire it in so it is like your normal store bought brake control. All get pictures up tommorrow, of what I mean.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Here are pictures of the plug I used to wire in my upfitter switches. It was easy. The other picture is of my new dash installed, I did install the intigrated brake control, and it works great. Looks just like a 2005 Ford F350 Dash. All update the wiring for the brake control and what I did to install it.

Last edited by usmc_1812; 05-23-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 PM

I don't think this will work with the Excursions. I looked at my fuse panel and didn't see a spot for a plug. Bummer
Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya, I didnt have the spot either, So I tested the wires and I had a parts car that I cut a plug off and wired it in. It is easy to do. So it should work on your excursion.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Midwestern4x4 Send a message via Yahoo to Midwestern4x4
Updates?> lookin into this mod.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:23 PM

can you post a close-up picture of the switches in your 2000, I just bought a set and I am wanting to intergrate them into my 2001. thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Serving Our Country!

I am confused. The uplifters will plug and play into a 2002 fuse panel? I am getting them if it does....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.