F-650 Dash Mod, and more... - Page 7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I really like the look of the 4 switches in the 4x4 switch spot. I think I'll be going that route soon too. Thanks for inspiring me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #62  
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Once you go black......

 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,517
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony k View Post
WOW, did you over pay.

waytek.com

same carling switches, lighted, non lighted, rubberized rockers, gaskets ( i dont use them ) harness plugs, switch "brackets" for lack of a better word. holders maybe?

check them out. SAVE A TON. i used them to wire my race car.
Checked them out, not too much choice for any labeled rockers which is normally a must for me; good pricing though like you said.
I just paid 15$ per rocker for this setup, but that's with a fully LED rocker, and custom engraved actuators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3PwrHse View Post
lol @ zombie response lights. Damn nice install man - really leaning towards doing this as well.
Thanks bud. I have "response lights" on my truck but added the Zombie for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001_F250 View Post
I really like the look of the 4 switches in the 4x4 switch spot. I think I'll be going that route soon too. Thanks for inspiring me.
No prob! I was happy with the final result. Good thing I have the 4 on the floor for the extra dash space. Not a fan of the Electronic 4x4 anyways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #63  
Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any body have pics of the 650 dash mod completed with a stick? Just got my piece a few days ago and noticed there is a rectangular whole cut on the left side of the plastic where the switch pannel would go. How did you guys with the manuals cover this up or work around it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #64  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jefferson, NC
Posts: 396
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRacing View Post
Any body have pics of the 650 dash mod completed with a stick? Just got my piece a few days ago and noticed there is a rectangular whole cut on the left side of the plastic where the switch pannel would go. How did you guys with the manuals cover this up or work around it??
I was wondering the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #65  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie to this site. Just wanted to ad my .02 worth. I am in process of doing this mod and got it VERY cheap!!! Just wanted to post a link to my install page so you could see pics.
I am doing to manuel F650 piece instead of the automatic version as above. I have names and addresses listed with Ford part numbers so you could order this as well.

I don't work for Ford but I had a real hard time finding this so I figured it might help someone else.

here is the link:
F650 Dash Mod on the Cheap!! - BioFuels Technologies Forum

Hope this helps!!!

Veggi X!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #66  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
By the way, I paid $38 bucks for the dash piece!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #67  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cant view the pictures
how did it work out for you? did you end up getting six or four switches in there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #68  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's my original post:
____________________

I got the dash piece at:

Broadway Truck Centers
(They are a medium duty Ford Truck dealer)
1501 S. 7th St
St Louis, MO
63104

Part #4C4Z-7004302-HA

314-241-2080 - ex. 295
800-325-3861 - ex. 295

www.broadwaytruck.net

Salesman: Tom Hick

They are open most days until 11:30pm I believe.

I can't find my receipt but I paid $38 plus tax if memory serves correctly.

This fits a 2000 F650, Manuel transmission truck, with air brakes.

Mine will be similar to the pic of the one with 7 switches when done(internet pic). According to my calculations (I could be wrong) I believe I can fit 7 rocker type carling switches across the top row, same place as the pic with the toggle switches. The dash piece in my truck pic was just set in there to do a test fit and get a pic for reference. It fits perfectly with out any mods, Ford piece, Ford fit!!!

The three holes in the mod piece (2 round, 1 oval) are how it comes. They are where the air brakes and something else goes on the F650. You can either glass over them or I've measured that you should be able to get a switch over far enough on the top and center 3 autometer gauges across the bottom without having to glass up anything. Of course if you change things you will need to adjust accordingly.

Here is the pictures from the other website. Sorry, didn't realize you had to sign up to see pics!

{edit}...The one on the far right (the finished pic) is one I got off of the internet (not my truck), just put in for a reference of a finished F650 "manuel" dash piece to look at. Mine will be set very similar but I will use Carling swithces I got at Granger.

Veggi X
Attached Thumbnails
F-650 Dash Mod, and more...-label.jpg   F-650 Dash Mod, and more...-label2.jpg   F-650 Dash Mod, and more...-piece.jpg   F-650 Dash Mod, and more...-10.jpg  

Last edited by Veggi X; 04-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #69  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manor, TX
Posts: 2,875
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love the zombie light's, wish I had thought of that.

Last edited by JSchuricht; 04-17-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #70  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi X View Post
Here's my original post:
____________________

I got the dash piece at:

Broadway Truck Centers
(They are a medium duty Ford Truck dealer)
1501 S. 7th St
St Louis, MO
63104

Part #4C4Z-7004302-HA

314-241-2080 - ex. 295
800-325-3861 - ex. 295

www.broadwaytruck.net

Salesman: Tom Hick

They are open most days until 11:30pm I believe.

I can't find my receipt but I paid $38 plus tax if memory serves correctly.

This fits a 2000 F650, Manuel transmission truck, with air brakes.

Mine will be similar to the pic of the one with 7 switches when done(internet pic). According to my calculations (I could be wrong) I believe I can fit 7 rocker type carling switches across the top row, same place as the pic with the toggle switches. The dash piece in my truck pic was just set in there to do a test fit and get a pic for reference. It fits perfectly with out any mods, Ford piece, Ford fit!!!

The three holes in the mod piece (2 round, 1 oval) are how it comes. They are where the air brakes and something else goes on the F650. You can either glass over them or I've measured that you should be able to get a switch over far enough on the top and center 3 autometer gauges across the bottom without having to glass up anything. Of course if you change things you will need to adjust accordingly.

Here is the pictures from the other website. Sorry, didn't realize you had to sign up to see pics!

Veggi X
Thankyou for the pictures!! Looks great, very clean install, looks factory! Where did you get the black piece that the switches are mounted in? or did you make that? I was considering going with the carling contoura v switches from OTRATTW that were mentioned in this thread but those toggles arent bad at all either and you can fit more of them...

also just wondering, whats the black box on the right of the stick with the ford logo on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors