Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck has no wiring for stereo help!

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Brandonpdx 
#1 ·
Ok my truck needs a radio and I look through the stock dash hole where it should be and I see nothing. I have the antenna wire but no other plugs to attach to. Does anyone have a picture of the stock harness? I dont know where the stock harness would be attached but it looks like there are a few open spots for a harness to plug into. I just don't see a picture or diagram showing what I am missing.

#2 ·
90% of us will have the factory plug with an adapter... do you have speakers in the truck?

There should be a bundle of wires coming out of the harness with speaker wires (two of the same color, one with a black line)

#3 ·
what year truck ?

a 2000 would have a harness with these colors

Constant 12V+ Light Green/Pink
Switched 12V+ Black/Purple
Ground Black/Green
Illumination Light Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 6" x 8" Doors
Left Front (+) Gray/Light Blue
Left Front (-) Tan/Yellow
Right Front (+) White/Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange
Rear Speakers 6" x 8" Rear Corners
Left Rear (+) Orange/Light Green
Left Rear (-) Light Blue/White
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

#4 ·
I will go take pics. I have an 02 crew cab 4x4 diesel f250. There literally is no wiring for a radio, but it had one before. I think it was stolen or something but I have watched install videos and there should be a stock plug dangling there but there isn't lol.

#13 ·
to me that looks like someone put together a plug for a cb possible form origiinal radio wiring or something but
i hate wiring, it could be anything :D

#12 ·
i will start with i HATE wiring :rofl:
but that looks like the remnants of a hack install after a hack theft to me :nod:
I am sure with the wiring codes zman provided you can do this...I am also sure it might be worth a hundred bucks to sit back and drink a beer while someone else deals with the headache :thumb:
or maybe that's just me :look:

Reactions: JesseKK
#15 ·
Looks like your looking in the wrong area. Reach down through the radio opening and grab the harness. It should have a pigtail down there somewhere

Reactions: john galt
#19 ·
nice :thumb:
I was afraid the fleet guys hacked the original harness to install a cb radio or something from what yohu were pulling outta there :hehe:
what did you install?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.