Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Kenwood double din touch screen radio stuck

862 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JWS4621 
#1 ·
Ok I have a 2003 f250 7.3 lariat 4x4 that came with a kenwood touch screen. I want to remove the radio but it wont come out with the removal tools or even a screwdriver. I figured I would remove the face piece on the dash to just pop it out ,but I've read that there are two 7mm bolts above the radio you have remove. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a lost...

#2 ·
if it was me I would download the head unit manual especially to see if it may have a security screw option

the dbl din wasn't really designed to fit in that year so some trimming may have been done it may just be a wedge fit

the 12volt.com is the best resource for Audio questions and info

#4 ·
I would bet you have figured it out by now. Those two screws probably don't exist on your setup. My radio is more less wedge in with an install kit. To remove it I have to remove one of the side pieces that hold it on. Send a pic of your setup and we can see what install kit was used if any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.