Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Complete Dash Removal

27K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TennesseeDr 
#1 ·
forgive me if I don't know how to work these posts. I find it hard to navigate these forums. but am desperate to find a way to remove the dash to access my defrost ducts... I had some critters make nests in the vents so everytim you turn the air/heat/defrost on a few little pieces blow out. I have gotten some out of the a/c and heat vents. In the defrost vent there are directional veins to direct the air... Here lies the rub... I can get it all out. just a piece at a time. Would take for ever to fish it all out as it blows up to the exit. I want to remove the whole dash so I can remove tubes and blow them out... Any suggestions for removal? I cant find any videos. Just cluster removal. I have taken all the little screws from dash cap and saw that was not going to work so I then took the 10MM bolts out of each side where it mount to pillar. I am sure they need to be out but it would not budge. Is there some thing I am missing. Please enlighten me.

#2 ·
What year is it? Maybe @ZackMicF can help.

#4 ·
#5 ·
You need to remove the dash bezel, disconnect your HVAC controls, light switch, radio, cigarate lighter, power port. Remove the cup holder, ash tray, cluster, and glove box. One bolt on each side of the glove box inside its compartment the one on the left you can get from the ash tray area. Below the windshield you have three covers, remove them and there should be 5 bolts total there. Remove all the bolts you can see holding the dash to the frame. There is a bolt in each corner of the dash securing ducting to the dash. To get the right side you need to unbolt the defrost vent above the passenger side register. It's three cheesy nuts that are 10mm. Then you can get to the last bolt in that corner. Your going to have to remove your steering wheel. Give it a couple light pulls on the passenger side make sure it's not caught, check the center and driver side. It's going to take two people to get it out with ease you can man handle it but the dash is flimsy once it's loose. Two people can save you some money if your careful. Give me a shout if you have any questions.

#6 ·
^ thank you!! I've been looking for this info

#8 ·
#10 ·
Dang i was too late, i was gonna tell you that they arent needed, the are the main bolts. Pull the dash off and then youll have access to the main vents and defrost vents. After that you can even unbolt the whole system from the frame all the way down to the solenoid that switchs from upper to main vents. You could spray them down and reinstall and that would also make sure they didnt get into the flap of your unit. After the dash is out its very simple and wont take much time to go over the system. You already halfway through to being ready for a 08+ install you should think about it. I just post the beginning half of mine, the center console build, Bluetooth charger, and gauges build. This is my 5th dash build if you have anymore questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.