Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Interior swap 2003, 7.3 F350 to 2014

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  D Warren 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have done some reading on interior swaps, but I want to attempt to take my 2003 F350 with 7.3 in her and give her an update inside and out to a 2014 front clip and insides. the outside part is a breeze.... the inside however it sounds like it could be a bit more challenging...

what are some of the issue that i should plan for or be aware of ?

I plan to have a donor truck with a salvage title.

thanks in advance
Dean

#2 ·
#5 ·
Late to the party, but I know that everything bolts over from '16 gen PS to old gen, except the dash of course, but then I have seen that too. The door panels require that you shave the handles to make them fit properly, and then there's the problem of wiring. The mirror control, window control(s), lock control(s) will all have to be wired to fit the new plugs, but I think its a simple cut the old plug off, and use a new one from Ford. You just need to know what does what when it comes to that.

#8 ·
So a little update here,
I am finally getting around to doing this swap on the interior.
I ended up going to an 08 interior not the 14, I bought the whole truck for cheep. I will likely install the front clip in the spring.

the interior was a lot more work than I figured.
the wiring was is taking the most time. a lot of head scratching goin on.... LOL

I have complete:
headlight switch crossover to the 08
I have heard the some 05 F150 headlight switches are the same connector type as the 08 and will plug right in a work like a charm. only i have not been able to find one yet.

anyone heard of this before?

power mirror cross over to the 08- anyone have a pinout for the 08 power mirrors ?

I will post some pics of the build when she is all done.... Need to focus!!!

thanks
DW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.