Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A couple questions from a newb

765 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kenny c 
#1 ·
I just bought a '99 F350 7.3L and love it! There's a few things I've noticed and am wondering if there's an explanation? To give some context I'll list off some of the "mods".

Clifford alarm system and remote start
high intensity fog light in some aftermarket lights
Pioneer headunit w/ iPod controller
Infinity trailer brake controller
Rear suspension airbags

Anyway, here's a list of some of the things I've notice and can't make sense of.

1) neither the horn nor the cruise controls work
2) sometimes when the car turns on there's a series of 3 dings that goes for 1 or 2 mins, it's also come on at random when driving and I've tried to see if I do something similar each time, but nothing seems to correlate
3) the passenger window works fine with the driver's side controls and when the windows are down upon locking the car they both go up, however the passenger controls only puts the window up, not down (or maybe its down not up?)
4) upon starting the car the lights flash for a minute or 2 and I was thinking it might be when I used the remote start, but I'm not sure
5) I have an 08 console but there's no brackets or bolts-does anyone one know what size hardware is required and how make the power points work?

I'd appreciate any and all advise.

Thanks,

Clint

See less See more
#3 ·
as for the center console powerpoint, i hard wired mine into the passanger electric seat. they are a constant hot so the powerpoint will charge what ever you plug into it all the time.

as for the hardware, i cant help you since mine came with everything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.