Electric window issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electric window issues

I'm new here and have already found a wealth of information to help me out. I recently reclaimed my 2000 F-250 SC LB from my son. He's been in it for a few years and I've been fixin stuff for days now. I just finished the door lock actuators. Did both and they work great. While the door panels are torn apart, I decided to check the pass window probem. Well, I'm stumped. Have checked both switches, the relay and both motors. All appear to be functional, but I can only get the pass window to go up. NO DOWN. There is no doubt something I've missed. Any ideas????? HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Did you check for a broken wire inside the door jamb boot? They normally break there from the back & forth movement
Old 07-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did you check the driver switch also?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I have checked the driver side (for pass) switch. I believe it's good. I have good volts going out of the drivers side switch, but nothing coming into the pass side. Sounds like the door jam boot is a good place to start looking. It's supposed to be 104 today, but I could stand to loose some weight.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to ruger#1
Take the electric motor out and clean the brushes. My drivers side was doing the same thing, cleaned it and it works fine.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 PM

Ruger #1 (nice gun), it's not a motor problem. It's a supply problem. No electric on the down side. First thing I checked was the motor.

I did find that I have some sort of short in the driver side wire loom. Started wiggling and lots of lights and buzzers started dancing. My bet is that Bigb56 is correct. Damn! Now how to get at that loom??????
Old 07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdad View Post
Ruger #1 (nice gun), it's not a motor problem. It's a supply problem. No electric on the down side. First thing I checked was the motor.

I did find that I have some sort of short in the driver side wire loom. Started wiggling and lots of lights and buzzers started dancing. My bet is that Bigb56 is correct. Damn! Now how to get at that loom??????
I haven't looked at the Ford yet, but I have had to so it on my Grand Cherokee and my Mercedes 300. On the Jeep it was the right rear window, but the broken wire was in the drivers door jam harness. the dealer wanted $260 or something JUST FOR THE PART. So I took it out and onto the workbench. I had to solder in a piece to make it a bit longer. I did it to several that were starting to break. If you just try to put the original wire(s) back together they will just pull apart again, too tight, so splice in a bit more and shrink wrap the splice. The Jeep door harness unplugs, but it is still a royal pain to get to and put back. It is held in by bolts in the centers.

On the Mercedes I had to pull the door panel, then unhook everything and pull it all out. I replaced about a foot with a new bundle I made up, and put it inside a piece of fuel line before threading it back thru the boot.

Let us know how the Ford comes apart, I'm sure we will all be there some day. Pics would be nice!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

theres a broken wire between the drivers switch and the door jam, my truck did the same thing, i just spliced in a new wire.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the help guys, but where's my easy little magic fix. I think I can isolate the offending wire with a multimeter, but that's the easy part. Oh well, I really want my window back. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:18 AM

Well, that's done. Not too bad a job. Sorry, NO PICs. My digi cam is off at school with my daughter. It wasn't that interesting anyway. Found two broken wires, pass window and driver door latch sensor. Added a little piece to both, soldered and shrink sealed both and rewrapped loom in tape. Thanks for the input guys. Right on call Dalton1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.