subs in ext. cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xxxjagsfanxxx
subs in ext. cab

i have an 02 f-350 extended cab. i was wondering what kind of set ups u were running. ive seen a box for 2 10in subs that fits under the seat, but i talked to a guy at a local shop around town and he claims he could build me a custom box for 4 8 inch subs. just wondering if anyones heard of this being down. or what ur running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 PM

I have a custom built console that has two 10" square subs in it. It looks almost factory. No one ever notices that it is a sub box instead of a console. It is a little wider than the factory console, a little taller and even longer but provides plenty air space for two 10" square kicker subs. It hits way harder than any under the seat box I have ever heard. I'll get you some pics if you want some. hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Here is what i did, One Kicker 12in L7 with a custom fiberglass box, it is the same size as the stock seat, and there is Softer padding then the seat had before.

The best part, THE SEAT IS STILL USEABLE, it flips up just like stock, Come on Lady's

Last edited by 2003_F250_FX4; 06-26-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if you search threads I have one where i got 1 10" sub under the rear seats, and it could easily be made to fit 2
Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 PM

Go on ebay and search for f250 subwoofer. I bought a custom made box that flows with the curves of the back seat. I forgot who makes it...but Its loaded with 2 10 inch MTX subs and it sounds pretty decent for a $250 dollar set up. I matched it with a kicker amp, but that amp kept going into protection mode so I swapped it for a Crunch amp, which I've already had in a different vehicle. Overall it sounds pretty darn good!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What Ohm Stable is the Kicker (Or just tell the model number) and what is the Ohms of the Speakers is it a mono amp with two speakers hook up to it.

If you have a 2 Ohm Stable amp and running 1Ohm worth of speakers you will run into the protection problem because the load is to high for the amp.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003_F250_FX4 View Post
What Ohm Stable is the Kicker (Or just tell the model number) and what is the Ohms of the Speakers is it a mono amp with two speakers hook up to it.

If you have a 2 Ohm Stable amp and running 1Ohm worth of speakers you will run into the protection problem because the load is to high for the amp.
I was running 4 ohms total bridged on a 2 channel amp. Guess it was just too much for the kicker casuse I have the same set up on my Crunch amp and shes holdin up quite well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.